Back to Results
William C Strohsnitter, D.Sc., M.S.
Meet William C Strohsnitter, D.Sc., M.S.
Department + Services
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical Focus Areas
Diethylstilbestrol (DES) exposure
Research Focus Areas
Prenatal Cancer Etiology
Drug Safety and Efficacy
Publications + National Presentations
1. Strohsnitter WC, Noller KL, Hoover RN, et al. Cancer risk in men exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrol: results of the DES follow-up study. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 93(7):545-51, 2001.
2. Strohsnitter WC, Noller KL, Titus-Ernstoff L, et al. Breast Cancer Incidence in Women Prenatally Exposed to Maternal Cigarette Smoke. Epidemiology 2005;16(3):342-345.
3. Strohsnitter WC, Hatch EE, Hyer M, Troisi R, Kaufman R, Robboy SJ, Palmer JR, Titus-Ernstoff L, Anderson D, Hoover RN, Noller KL. The Association between In Utero Cigarette Smoke Exposure and Age at Menopause. American Journal of Epidemiology 2008;167(6):727-733.
4. Strohsnitter WC, Savarese TM, Low H-P, Chelmow DP, Lagiou P, Lambe M, Edminston K, Liu Q, Baik I, Noller KL, Adami H-O, Hsieh C-c. Correlation of umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell levels with birth weight: implication for a prenatal influence on cancer risk. British Journal of Cancer 2008;98:660-663.
5. Hoover RN, Hyer M, Pfeiffer RM, Adam E, Bond B, Cheville AL, Colton T, Hartge P, Hatch EE, Herbst AL, Karlan BY, Kaufman R, Noller KL, Palmer JR, Robby SJ, Saal RC, Strohsnitter W, Titus-Ernstoff L, Troisi R. Adverse Health Outcomes in Women Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol. N Engl J Med 2011;365:1304-1314.
6. Strohsnitter WC, Noller KL, Troisi R, et al. Autoimmune disease incidence among women prenatally exposed to Diethylstilbestrol. J Rheumatol 2010;37:2167–73;
7. Urato AC, Bond B, Craigo SD, Norwitz ER, Paulus JK; Strohsnitter WC. Admission uric acid levels and length of expectant management in preterm preeclampsia. J Perinatol (2011)
8. Mirza FG, Strohsnitter WC, Rivera J, Gyamfi-Bannerman C. Intrauterine growth restriction with abnormal umbilical artery dopplers: a harbinger for preeclampsia? J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2012 Jul 13
I am the Principal Investigator on the DES Follow-up Study at the Tufts Medical Center Study site. The DES Follow-up Study is a multi-center study has been following women and men who were and were not prenatally exposed to Diethylstilbestrol (DES) for adverse health effects since 1975. I am also interested in recently developed epidemiologic methodologies for studying the safety and efficacy of drug and medical devices.
Society for Epidemiologic Research
Phone Number: 617-636-1044