Surgical and Interventional Research Laboratories
Tufts Medical Center's Surgical and Interventional Research Laboratories is a full-service surgical testing facility used by industry and academia for preclinical medical devices and diagnostic testing.
We specialize in prototype studies, product evaluation, comparative testing and physician training and demonstration. We provide our external clients with a number of services including proof of concept, interventional and surgical procedures, expert consulting from our 500+ on-site physicians, training and histology/pathology.
Our team of 40 employees and staff support will work with you to bring your novel idea or new application to the next level.
What sets us apart
- More than 30 years of experience working with industry partners
- Rapid contracting and flexible pricing with low, hourly rates
- Over 500 on-site surgeons, physicians and veterinarians
- 40,000 square feet of facilities with 3 ORs, a digital fluoroscopy angiocath lab, conference rooms and an auditorium
- On-site histology and pathology services with an autopsy/necropsy room
- Physician and sales representative training
Please explore our site to learn more about the services that we can offer you and your team. For information, call 617-636-5613 or e-mail Corinna.Beale@tufts.edu.
Our Mission: Help Push Surgery to the Next Level
Learn more about the Surgical and Interventional Research Laboratory at Tufts Medical Center.
SIRL hosted The Advanced Surgical Skills for Exposure in Trauma (ASSET) wet lab
The ACS Clinical Congress featured exceptional education and training opportunities at the premier annual surgical meeting for surgeons, surgery residents, medical students, and members of surgical teams. As one of Boston’s premiere locations for surgical training and research, Tufts Medical Center’s SIRL was proud to host this influential group and feature our collaborative surgical facility to help promote excellence and expertise in surgery.