Surgical training is an essential part of the process for the research, development and sale of novel devices. Some instrumentation systems, implants, minimally invasive tools, robotics and other new technologies can present unique training challenges.
At Tufts Medical Center's Surgical and Interventional Research Laboratories, investigators, practitioners and sales representatives can use our facilities and services for training.
Our internal, investigator initiated training includes:
- OB/GYN Residents at Tufts Medical Center - basic skills in laparoscopic procedures
- Surgical Residents at Tufts Medical Center - basic skills in surgical and laparoscopic procedures
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Training - ATLS course
Our training conferences for physicians/surgeons and sales representatives includes:
- Urologic procedures
- Implantation of a ventricular assist device (VAD)
- Laparoscopic OB/GYN procedures
- Basic skill in surgical procedures
Our lecture halls and conference rooms provide an optimal environment for didactic instruction. Our operating suites provide the flexibility to have multiple tables and sessions running at the same time. We also offer event-accommodation support and can aid you with hotels, taxi or limousine services, catering and administrative assistance.
If you would like to learn more about the training opportunities offered at the Surgical Research Laboratories, please call 617-636-5613 or e-mail Corinna.Beale@tufts.edu.