The Administrative Fellowship Program at Tufts Medical Center provides a unique and experiential opportunity for advanced degree graduates to accelerate their careers in health care operations management. In keeping with our academic mission, we aim to recruit and develop top talent and to help emerging leaders reach their goals. Fellows will have access to individual mentorship, executive shadowing and leadership development resources. They will also be asked to lead essential projects involving process improvement, data analysis, modeling and change management.
To learn more about our mission, culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit: careers.tuftsmedicine.org
For more information about Tufts Medical Center's Administrative Fellowship program, please contact:
Hannah Clark, MPH
Boston University School of Public Health
Administrative Fellow 2023-2024
Cora Markert, MHA
George Washington University
Administrative Fellow 2023-2024
2023-2024 Administrative Fellowship Informational Webinars
The 13- month program at Tufts MC (July 1 – July 31) allows fellows to experience a variety of business functions across the organization both clinical and operational. While encouraged to explore their individual interests, fellows should gain exposure to the following business functions across the organization:
Clinical service line management
- Quality and Regulatory management
- Fiscal Stewardship: budgeting, revenue cycle
- Process Improvement
How to apply
The Tufts MC Administrative Fellowship program is highly competitive, with limited openings each year. Applications open June 8, 2023. Application deadline: September 29, 2023.
Tufts MC is a proud member of the National Council of Administrative Fellowships (NCAF), an organization that coordinates various administrative fellowship programs across the country. NCAF provides a centralized application process through the National Administrative Fellowship Centralized Application Service (NAFCAS). Individuals may apply here: NAFCAS.
- Completion of a graduate degree in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health
- Prior relevant work experience is preferred, but not required
- Resume or CV
- Written statement of (500-word maximum)
- Official Graduate School transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Additional requirements included in the NAFCAS application. Apply only at NAFCAS. Applications via email or direct mail will not be accepted.
- At this time we are not accepting applicants who need to complete a residency or fellowship as a graduation requirement.
Commitment to Diversity
One of the best things about Tufts MC is our diverse workforce. Many valued and accomplished colleagues of diverse origins, faiths, genders and orientations contribute to the nationally recognized care we provide to our patients. Each of these individuals brings their unique experiences, perspectives and talents to our organization.
A multicultural workforce is extremely beneficial to the healing of our patients and their families, to the development of new therapies, technologies and medical practices, to the enrichment of our professional and personal lives, and to our nation’s success.