For Research Volunteers +
Observers + Student Interns
Any research volunteer/observer/student intern applicants must be 18 years or older to participate in the process though Human Resources. If the applicant is under 18, please contact volunteer services.
Any individual present in a clinical area observing patient care who is not:
1. A member of the Tufts Medical Center workforce
2. A medical student authorized to participate by the Tufts University School of Medicine
3. A dental student authorized to participate by the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
4. A resident or fellow in a ACGME, AOA or Dental accredited training program registered through the GME Office
5. A rotator from a non-TMC, ACGME, or AOA accredited training program
(these residents must register as rotators through the GME Office; refer to the
Please note that observers will not receive any academic credit for the experience. Time spent at Tufts Medical Center as an observer will not count toward clinical education or ACGME accredited training hours.
Contact Human Resources
Please contact Human Resources for more information on observing at Tufts Medical Center:
Human Resources Coordinator
*If you are a clinical professional looking to come in for 1 day, please contact the department directly to complete the department commitment letter and visitor authorization form.