Tufts Medical Center is proud to offer the community a COVID-19 vaccine, in partnership with the City of Boston, according to the current State of Massachusetts and CDC regulations. We welcome walk-ins at our locations anytime from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday- Friday.
For your visit, please bring:
- Identification card (if able)
- CDC COVID-19 vaccine card if applicable
- Health Insurance information (if able)
Tufts Medical Center Vaccine and Testing Clinic
Location: 276 Tremont St., Boston, MA
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All three FDA authorized vaccines are available at no cost to you: Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson/ Janssen.
- In general, Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are preferred over the Johnson & Johnson/ Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccines primary series (for those who are not immunocompromised) are recommended for everyone ages 6 months and older
- For information on immunocompromised individuals, Click here to learn more about those who may have a weak immune system due to a medication or condition.
- We offer Moderna and Pfizer primary series vaccines to children ages 6 months to 5 years.
- We now offer the new Pfizer BioNTech and Moderna bivalent (updated) COVID-19 boosters to the general public.
See community letter about the availability of the updated boosters at Tufts Medical Center in the following languages:
English / Chinese / Haitian-Creole / Portuguese / Russian / Spanish / Vietnamese
Below are some commonly asked questions about the new boosters.
Who is eligible for the new bivalent vaccine?
Individuals who have completed a primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine and whose last vaccine dose was at least two months prior.
- The PfizerCOVID-19 bivalent booster is available for anyone age 5 and older.
- The Moderna COVID-19 bivalent vaccine is available for those age 6 and older.
What is different about the bivalent vaccine?
The new boosters contain the original vaccine formulation plus components targeting the Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5. These subvariants make up over 99% of circulating strains.
Are the primary series boosters still available?
The previous formulations of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are no longer authorized as booster doses for individuals older than 5 years of age, and as a result are no longer available for that age group. Tufts Medical Center’s Vaccine Clinic is still providing the original booster to individuals 6 months to under 5 years of age.
With the approval of this new vaccine formulation, the CDC has a new, simplified vaccination plan for COVID-19.
For information on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 vaccination schedules, click here.
To find another location near you, visit the vaxfinder.mass.gov
Parking: Tremont parking garage, 274 Tremont Street
- Accessibility: The vaccination sites are wheelchair accessible and staff are available to assist with wheelchair access. We have wheelchairs onsite for use.
- Public Transportation: Our vaccination location is accessible by the MBTA Orange Line, “Tufts Medical Center” stop and the Green Line, “Boylston St” stop. Additionally, by bus 11 or the Silver Line to “Washington St at Tufts Med Ctr” stop and bus 43 to “285 Tremont Street” stop. For more options please visit mbta.com.
- Interpreter Services: For non-English speaking community members, we will have interpreter services present to help answer any questions.
- Se precisar de assistência em outros idiomas, ligue para 617-636-6119.
- Если вам нужна помощь на других языках, звоните по телефону 617-636-6119.
- Si necesita asistencia en otros idiomas, llame al 617-636-5618.
- 如果您需要其他語言的幫助，請致電 617-636-5331.
- Nếu quý vị cần hỗ trợ bằng các ngôn ngữ khác, vui lòng gọi 617-636-6119.
- Si w bezwen asistans nan lòt lang, tanpri rele 617-636-6119.
- More questions about COVID-19 vaccines? Visit our FAQ page
- Have questions about COVID-19 Treatment Options? View Treatment Options