Who We Are
The mission of the Tufts Women in Medicine and Science Committee is to promote the professional and personal development of women in medicine and science and to advocate for parity for women at our institution.
Sub-committees have been organized to advance activities and agendas that are central to achieving the overarching WiMS Committee mission.
- The Salary/Benefits Sub-committee (led by Deborah Blazey-Martin) aims to promote salary equity and a benefits package that is appealing for recruitment, and addresses needs of current women faculty.
- The Work-life Balance and Wellness Sub-committee (co-led by Lori Lynn Price and Monika Roychowdhury) aims to foster policies and programs which allow women to maximize professional capacity while being mindful of physical and mental health.
- The Career Development Sub-committee (led by Laura Grubb) aims to promote career development of women in medical sciences at different career stages through mentorship and sponsorship to increase academic parity at Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital for Children.
- The Public Relations and Networking Sub-committee aims to promote and support the overall WiMS mission and agenda, and to communicate the committee’s activities to internal and external stakeholders.
- The Leadership Sub-committee (led by Monica Pilichowska) aims to provide a framework for development of leadership skills needed for success in organizational and academic medicine and science.
Past committee members: