Adolescent + Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Program
The AYA Cancer Program expresses sincere thanks to our sponsors and collaborators who continue to make our work possible. These organizations are dedicated to progress in AYA clinical care, research and awareness.
The Reid R. Sacco AYA Cancer Alliance
The AYA Cancer Program welcomed its first patients in January 2013 after receiving a generous gift from the Reid R. Sacco AYA Cancer Alliance. Reid, the namesake of the alliance and our program, was diagnosed with cancer weeks before his high school graduation and passed away two years later at the age of 20 in 2005. Inspired by his spirit and courage his family and friends have dedicated their energy and efforts to helping young adult cancer patients and survivors. The alliance is committed to advocacy, research and awareness of individuals affected by AYA cancers.
Please view Reid Sacco Inspiration to Reality, a short video produced by the Reid R. Sacco AYA Cancer Alliance, to learn more about Reid and the Alliance's commitment to improve the outlook for adolescents and young adults diagnosed with cancer.
Teen Cancer America
Teen Cancer America (TCA) partners with hospitals across the United States to develop specialized services and facilities for teens and young adults affected by cancer. The AYA Cancer Program and TCA formalized a partnership in 2020. In addition to the benefits of joining a network of AYA programs across the country to share best practices and resources, with TCA support, our AYA Cancer Program aims to enhance its outreach efforts to better serve AYAs throughout the medical center.
Grateful Recognition of Past Supporters & Collaborators
- The Lewis Family 2022
- Golf Fights Cancer 2022
- The Moreau/Spellman (Shades of Pink) Family 2018
- This Star Won’t Go Out 2018
- The Allman Family 2017, 2019, 2021-2022
- The Cunningham Family 2017
- The Wills Family (Talbots) 2016
- Children’s Cancer Awareness Club Chelsea High School 2016
- New England Cancer Specialists 2016
- YNS Reid Sacco Invitational: U.S.A. North Shore Sharks Swim Meet 2015, 2016
- Friends of Mel 2015
- The YMCA + Livestrong 2014-2016
- Conquer Cancer Foundation 2014-2016
- The Dunkin’ Donuts & Baskin-Robbins Community Foundation 2013-2016
- 15 - 40 Connection 2014, 2015
- The DiGiulio Family 2014
- The Ianniciello Family 2014
- The Limoli Family 2014
- Susan Parsons & Walter Armstrong 2013-2020
- Debra Lerner 2013, 2015-2016
- The Jen Di Reeno Foundation 2013-2015
- Time for Life 2012