Important dates and deadlines
- Deadline to submit abstracts and medically challenging cases:March 2, 1019
- Notification of accepted abstracts by email: March 10, 2019
- Pre-Registration Deadline for Inclusion in Meeting Materials: March 18, 2019
- Conference date: Saturday March 30, 2019
Submission guidelines include
- No limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted
- Research or case reports that have been previously submitted or will be presented at a different meeting are eligible for submission
- A presenter is expected to attend the meeting. Submission is a commitment by the author(s) to present at the NEARC 2019 conference
- The submitting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the abstract content before submission
- Meeting registration is required at least 2 weeks prior in order to be included in the final program
- There is no fee to submit an abstract or attend
- Submit abstracts by email to NEARC@tuftsmedicalcenter.org
- Abstracts may be submitted to the following 2 categories:
- Research Abstracts: Reports of original research approved by your institutional IRB
- Medically Challenging Cases: Reports of a unique or difficult case with educational value
- Please title the subject of the email “Abstract Submission Presenting Author Last Name Category”
- The submitting author of the accepted abstracts will be contacted via email with instructions regarding the format of their presentation (poster vs oral)
- Scientific Abstracts
- Case Series (5 or more patients; patient informed consent required for submission).
- QA/QI projects
- Medically Challenging Cases: Report of up to 4 cases having a similar presentation; Patient informed consent required for submission.
Abstract Title: Limited to 25 words in sentence format
Submitting Author Details: The submitting author will receive all communications regarding the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors, as necessary.
Co-Author(s) Details: Name, contact information, role (author, co-author, presenting author), and display/list order.
Abstract Body: Strictly limited to 500 words over the following content areas:
- Material and Methods (including statement of IRB approval/waiver, IND approval, patient informed consent, etc.)
- Results / Case Report
- References (max. 3 references, not included in 500 word count)
- Tables (not included in 500 word count; maximum 3 tables of 10 rows x 10 columns)
- Images (not included in 500 word count)
- Patient faces must be entirely covered.
- There must be no patient identifying information anywhere on the poster or in the abstract.
- No promotional content of a commercial entity may be included (brand/trade/product names, photos, logos, company names, etc.).
- If necessary for clarity, a trade/product name may be included parenthetically once in the materials and methods section, but no more, and not in the abstract title. If more than one company makes the product, all applicable trade names are identified.
- Any off-label indications should be clearly marked as such.
Review and Grading Process
Abstracts reviewed will be done by a committee formed encompassing a member from all participating institution. Following review by at least to members, the abstracts will be designated as either rejected, accepted, or accepted for consideration for best of meeting.
Evaluation and grading of abstracts will be based on originality, methods*, analysis*, results*, conclusions, interest/relevance, writing/clarity, and educational value.
* indicates categories not applicable to case report abstracts.
Presentation at Meeting
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by March 10, 2018 regarding the format of their presentation (poster or oral).
Recognition will be given for the best of meeting in the following categories: clinical abstract, scientific abstract, and case report or QA/QI project.