Cancer treatment can require that you stay overnight or have frequent appointments in downtown Boston. For that reason, families often need to find nearby accommodations. We connect patients and their families with housing options that are convenient for you.
On-site Accommodations at The Neely House
The Neely House is a bed-and-breakfast style home away from home located within the medical center that is available to pediatric and adult cancer patients and their families. It is the only facility of its kind in Boston, located within the walls of the hospital. Created by the vision and generosity of The Cam Neely Foundation, The Neely House is an environment in which patients and family members can talk with others facing similar situations while being close to loved ones during treatment. The House offers 16 self-contained apartments of varying size.
The Cam Neely Foundation
The Cam Neely Foundation was established in 1995 by Cam Neely, current Boston Bruins President and former player, after the passing of his parents Marlene and Michael Neely from cancer. The Foundation has raised over $31 million from donations of all sizes, impacted thousands of families and continues to be dedicated to supporting cancer patients and their families through the renovation of 8 pediatric and adult cancer spaces, cancer treatment research and more.
About The Neely House
- Each apartment has a kitchenette and bathroom.
- Guests also have use of two full kitchens, two common lounge areas, free laundry, a media room and a resource room.
- Support is all around. All residents are undergoing similar experiences so it provides a network of support.
How to Stay
- The cost per night for The Neely House is $50.00 and does not include parking.
- Parking is in the Tremont Street Garage and can be validated when you check in at The Neely House.
- Reservations are processed on a first come, first served basis.
- To request a stay, please contact your social worker who will send in a referral for the dates requested. Once received, you will be contacted by The Neely House staff to book or waitlist according to our availability.
- The patient must have a cancer diagnosis.
- The patient must be receiving treatment for their cancer diagnosis or have appointments/testing that is related to that diagnosis.
- The patient must be treated at Tufts Medical Center.
- All patients are required to have a caregiver over the age of 18 accompany them during their stay
- If the patient is admitted for their cancer diagnosis, caregivers and loved ones are welcome to stay.
- Anyone showing signs of having an infectious disease will not be allowed to stay or visit (i.e. cold, flu, etc.) in order to protect guests who have weakened immune systems.
Other nearby hotels and housing options for those undergoing cancer treatment are available by asking your social worker for the Tufts MC Accommodations Guide. If you or a family member has any questions about all accommodation options, please call Social Work at 617-636-5136.