The Tufts Cancer Center in Boston is home to expert physicians, scientists and researchers who are passionate about fighting cancer. Working with our colleagues at Tufts University, we are able to offer the latest in clinical trials as well as specialized "bench to bedside" research focused on helping us bring new treatments to market in less time.
Cancer Clinical Trials
The Cancer Center offers a wide range of both large and targeted trials to patients with all stages of cancer. Clinical trials usually fall into one of four categories:
- Grant-funded clinical trials – researchers at the Tufts Cancer Center design research studies and apply to major federal institutions like the National Institutes of Health for funding to conduct the study.
- Multi-center clinical trials – nationwide or international projects that hospitals and other groups around the world can join and enroll patients into
- Industry sponsored clinical trials
- Investigator-initiated clinical trials – researchers right here at the Tufts Cancer Center develop the idea, do the background research and turn it into an enroll-able clinical trial, often by working with industry partners
If you are interested in participating in clinical trial, we are here for you and your family every step of the way. We closely follow all federal regulations and requirements for conducting clinical trials. We also recruit patients and work directly with them and their families throughout the process. Oftentimes,you or a family member may be unsure about deciding if you should enroll in a trial. We help you understand the options and give you all of the information needed to make a well-informed decision about participation.
Once you’ve enrolled in a trial, our team is here with you and your family throughout the entire process. We’re always here to answer any questions about the trial and help with coordinating appointments.
Throughout our history, we have been leaders in conducting clinical trials to provide patients access to treatment options that are otherwise unavailable. We currently have a number of ongoing cancer clinical trials in breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, brain tumors and more.
View Our Clinical Trials
Bench to Bedside Research Programs
In addition to participating in clinical trials, our physicians and researchers are working on a number of other research projects.
Our primary areas of research include:
- Expanding our understanding of the biology of cancer
- Finding new ways to prevent cancer
- Developing better diagnostic and cancer-screening technology
- Improving the overall quality of cancer care
- Eliminating disparities in care
Moore Moreau Pilot Research Funding
Supported by generous gifts from the Moore Estate and the Moreau Family, the Cancer Center administers pilot research funding for early stage investigators. To read descriptions of projects previously supported by this mechanism, click on the titles below.