MelroseWakefield and Tufts Medical Center are working together to bring an unprecedented level of cancer expertise and personalized care to Stoneham and the surrounding communities. Together, we offer the high-level services of a Boston academic medical center with the convenience of a community provider.
Partnering to bring the best possible cancer care to MelroseWakefield communities
MelroseWakefield Hematology and Oncology is becoming the Tufts Medical Center Cancer Center in Stoneham to enhance the services that are offered in the MelroseWakefield communities. The Tufts MC Cancer Center in Stoneham can provide patients with greater access to services, academic medical center specialists, seamless transitions to Boston if needed and more resources locally.
What does this new partnership mean for you?
The Tufts Medical Center Cancer Center will offer hematology/oncology care, infusion services and laboratory services. The care teams, including the physicians, nurses and support staff all remain, augmented with Tufts MC Cancer Center resources and specialists.
Together, we can now provide:
- More convenient access to clinical trials
- Easier access to specialty oral cancer medications
- Access to comprehensive genetic programs
- Enhanced electronic medical records and check-in processes
- A higher level of coordinated care with local specialists and a seamless transfer to Boston if additional specialized care is needed
Surgical specialty care available
We also now provide specialty surgical oncology services from Tufts Medical Center experts right at the Cancer Center in Stoneham, offering clinic appointments and performing some procedures locally at MelroseWakefield Hospital. Current surgical services available include:
- Gynecologic Oncology led by Young Bae Kim, MD. Call: 781-224-5874
- Thoracic Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery led by Lillian Chen, MD. Call: 781-224-5810