We know that choosing a hospital for your cardiovascular care can be an intimidating process. Here are a few reasons why patients and their doctors choose the Cardiovascular Center at Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston for their cardiac care:
- We were recently named one of the nation's top 50 cardiovascular hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. Truven identified Tufts MC as one of the best providers of cardiovascular care in their annual objective, quantitative study, which observes more than 1,000 hospitals nationwide.
- Over the last 5 years, we've preformed more heart transplants than any other hospital in Boston.
- The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association has been named a Center for Excellence in the treatment of this condition, which can profoundly affect quality of life and lead to heart failure.
- We have been recognized as a “Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care.”
- The CVC has the largest advanced heart failure program in New England.
- The Medical Center’s collaborative approach and commitment to bringing together the perfect combination of specialists to treat any heart condition provide you with access to leading doctors in Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Interventional Radiology and Anesthesiology.
- For decades, the CVC has been the source of major advances in cardiovascular care, with doctors and scientists engaged in a wide range of groundbreaking clinical and basic science research.
- Our expertise includes the latest advancements in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. For example, the CVC was the first department of its kind in New England to surgically implant the HeartWare® Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) in patients.