Letter from the program leadership
Dear Potential Applicant,
Welcome to the Department of Dermatology at Tufts Medical Center. Our Residency Program is focused on providing our residents with a curriculum that allows them to develop mastery of knowledge and skills to be an outstanding dermatologist and leader. Our Program is focused on delivering clinical excellence to a diverse and complex patient population, examining and improving the way we deliver care, and promoting innovation and scholarship through research. We also have an unrelenting commitment to develop and maintain a culture of positivity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration for our Tufts dermatology family.
Our Program is partnered with the VA and community affiliates to provide a wide range of exposure from academic to community practice interests so that our trainees are prepared for any future they wish to pursue.
Excellence in Dermatology training
The Tufts Medical Center Department of Dermatology formed its own independent residency training program in April 2008. Our program is ACGME accredited for 12 resident positions. We will be participating in the upcoming NRMP Match for 3 or 4 positions to start July 2023.
At Tufts Medical Center’s Department of Dermatology, we believe that there is no better setting to learn about all aspects of dermatology. Our faculty members are leaders in their field, and many are nationally and internationally recognized. The Department’s strong focus on clinical research allows residents and fellows numerous opportunities for publication, while exposing them to new and investigational therapies that may not be available elsewhere. We take our roles as mentors seriously, and do everything we can to provide you with the best educational experience possible.
Our program has many strengths including:
- High patient volume
- Patient diversity (Asian, African American, Caucasian, Indian, Hispanic)
- Specialty clinics in infectious disease, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, connective tissue disease, blistering diseases, high risk skin cancer, allergic contact dermatitis and patch testing, pediatric dermatology, cutaneous manifestations of chemotherapy, hair clinic and laser and cosmetics
- On-site photodynamic therapy, phototherapy and an infusion center
- Two Mohs surgeons
- Clinical research fellowships
- National and international recognition for clinical research in alopecia areata, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, hidradenitis suppuritiva, vitiligo and discoid lupus
- Affiliation with the Boston VA Medical Center (Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury)
- Located in Boston’s theater district, near downtown, abundant ethnic cuisine, fine dining, and theaters within walking distance
If you are interested in applying to our residency program, please read the information below to learn more about our training opportunities and how to apply.