This page lists all of the peer-reviewed manuscripts, editorials, letters, books, book chapters and evidence-based reports and educational materials that Friedman Fellows have co-authored.
Prior to 2000
1. Nitsch RM, Pittas A, Blusztajn JK, Slack BE, Growdon JH and Wurtman RJ. Alterations of phospholipid metabolites in postmortem brain from patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Ann NY Acad Sci 1991; 640:110-3
2. Nitsch RM, Blusztajn JK, Pittas AG, Slack BE, Growdon JH, and Wurtman RJ. Evidence for a membrane defect in Alzheimer’s disease brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1992: 89 (5): 1671-5
3. Goldberg Y, Hanif R, Pittas A, Tsai L, Dynlacht BD, Rigas B and Shiff SI. The anti-proliferative effect of sulindac and sulindac sulfide on HT-29 colon cancer cells: alterations in tumor suppressor and cell cycle-regulatory proteins. Oncogene 1996; 12 (4): 893-901
4. Hanif R. Pittas A, Feng Y, Koutsos MI, Qiao L, Staino-Coico L, Shiff SI and Rigas B. Effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on proliferation and on induction of apoptosis in colon cancer cells by a prostaglandin-independent pathway. Biochem Pharmacol 1996; 52 (2): 237-45
5. Pittas AG, Adler M, Fazzari M, Tickoo S, Rosai SM, Larson SM and Robbins RJ. Bone Metastases from thyroid carcinoma: clinical characteristics and prognostic variables in one hundred forty-six patients. Thyroid 2000:10 (3): 261-268
6. Tickoo SK, Pittas AG Adler M, Fazzari M, Larson SM and Robbins RJ Bone metastases from thyroid carcinoma : a histopathologic study with clinical correlates. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2000: 124 (10): 1440-7
7. Neff LM. Rich sources of iron: information on the Web (resources for clinicians). Nutr Clin Care 2002;5:258-60.
8. Pittas AG and Greenberg AS. Thiazolidinediones in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2002:3(5): 529-40
9. Hariharan R and Pittas AG. Non-pharmacological treatment of Diabetes Mellitus in Pittas AG and Greenberg, AS (Editors) Contemporary Diagnosis and Management of Diabetes Mellitus. Handbooks in Health Care Co. 2003
10. Neff LM. Current directions in hemochromatosis research: towards an understanding of the role of iron overload and the HFE gene mutations in the development of clinical disease (brief critical review). Nutr Rev 2003;61:38-42.
11. Neff LM. Evidence-based dietary recommendations for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Nutr Clin Care 2003;6:51-61.
12. Ordovas J, Pittas AG and Greenberg AS. Might the diabetic environment in utero lead to type 2 diabetes? Lancet 2003:361(9372): 1839-40
13. Pittas AG and Lee S. Evaluation of Thyroid Function in Hall J. and Nieman L (editors) Handbook of Diagnostic Endocrinology. Humana Press, 2003.
14. Pittas AG and Greenberg, AS. Contemporary Diagnosis and Management of Diabetes. Handbooks in Health Care Co. 2003
15. Pittas AG. Prevention of type 2 diabetes. Laboratory Medicine 2003:34(11):790-5
16. Pittas AG. Nutritional interventions for prevention of type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome. Nutr Clin Care 2003:6(2): 79-88
17. Roberts SB and Pittas AG. The role of glycemic index in type 2 diabetes. Nutr Clin Care 2003:6(2): 73-78.
18. Schurgin S, Weinstein B and Pittas AG. Tuberculous Abscess of the Thyroid Gland. Endocr Pract July/August 2003: 9 (4): 330
19. Pittas AG, Joseph N and Greenberg AS. HOT TOPIC: Adipocytokines and insulin resistance. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2004:89(2): 447-452
20. Pittas AG, Siegel RD and Lau J. Insulin therapy for critically ill hospitalized patients. A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Arch Intern Med 2004:164: 2005-11
21. Balk E, Tatsioni A, Chung M, Pittas AG, Lichtenstein A and Lau J. FDA / AHRQ Evidence-Based Report. Health claims of Chromium Picolinate on Insulin Resistance and Cardiovascular Disease. September 21, 2004.
22. Gerrior JL and Neff LM. Nutrition assessment in HIV infection. Nutr Clin Care 2005;8:6-15.
23. Neff LM. In the literature: new and noteworthy nutrition research. Nutr Clin Care 2005;8:2-5.
24. Neff LM and Saltzman E. The role of the primary care physician before and after weight loss surgery. Obesity Management. 2005;1:147-54.
25. Digman C, Klein A and Pittas AG. Leukopenia and thrombocytopenia caused by thiazolidinediones. Ann Intern Med 2005:143(6): 465
26. Pittas AG, Hariharan R, Stark PC, Hajduk CL, Greenberg AS, Roberts SB. Interstitial Glucose Level is a Significant Predictor of Energy Intake in Free-Living Women with Healthy Body Weight. J Nutr 2005 May; 135(5):1070-4
27. Whitcomb, BW, Pradhan EK, Pittas AG, Roghmann MC and Perencevich EN. The impact of admission hyperglycemia on hospital mortality in various intensive care unit populations Crit Care Med 2005:33: 2772-2777
28. Pittas AG, Das SK, Hajduk CL, Golden J, Saltzman E, Stark PC, Greenberg AS and Roberts SB. A low glycemic load diet facilitates greater weight loss in overweight adults with high insulin secretion but not in overweight adults with low insulin secretion in the CALERIE trial. Diabetes Care 2005:28(12): 2939-41.
29. Ceglia L, Lau J and Pittas AG. Efficacy and safety of inhaled insulin therapy in adults with diabetes mellitus. A systematic review. Ann Intern Med 2006:145:665-675.
30. Ceglia L. Case of Vitamin D Deficiency Treated with Sun Lamp Therapy. EndoTrends. 2006; 13(3):5.
31. Neff LM and Mason JB. Nutrition in the Elderly. In: Buchman A, ed. Clinical Nutrition in Gastrointestinal Disease. Slack, Inc., 2006.
32. Patel A and Pittas AG. Hyperglycemia and Insulin Therapy in Critical Illness. CAMJ 2006:174(7): 917-8
33. Pittas AG and Roberts SB. Dietary composition and weight loss: can we individualize dietary prescriptions according to insulin sensitivity or secretion status? Nutr Rev October 2006:64(10): 435-448.
34. Pittas AG, Roberts SB, Das SK, Gilhooly CH, Golden J, Saltzman E, Stark PC and Greenberg AS. The effects of the dietary glycemic load on type 2 diabetes risk factors during weight loss. Obesity 2006: 14(12): 2200-2209.
35. Pittas AG, Dawson-Hughes B, Li T, Willett WC, Van Dam RV, Manson JE and Hu FB. Vitamin D and Calcium Intake in Relation to type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2006:29(3): 650-6.
36. Pittas AG, Siegel RD and Lau J. Insulin therapy and in-hospital mortality in critically ill patients: Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2006:30(2): 164-172
37. Amori RE, J Lau, AG Pittas. “Efficacy and Safety of Incretin Therapy in type 2 Diabetes. Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized control trials.” JAMA July 2007; 298(2): 194-206.
38. Ceglia L, Lau J and Pittas AG. Effect of inhaled insulin on fasting and postprandial plasma glucose. Ann Intern Med 2007:146(11):821-822
39. Lubowsky ND, Siegel R and Pittas AG. Management of Glycemia in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus and CKD Am J Kidney Dis 2007: 50 (5):865-879
40. Neff LM and Aronne LJ. Pharmacotherapy for Obesity. Curr Atheroscler Rep 2007; 9:454-462.
41. Neff LM, Weil M, Cole A, Hedges TR, Shucart W, Lawrence D, Zhu J, and Lechan RM. Temozolomide in the treatment of an invasive prolactinoma resistant to dopamine agonists. Pituitary 2007;10:81-86
42. Balk ME, Tatsioni A, Lichtenstein AH, Lau J and Pittas AG. Effect of Chromium Supplementation on Glucose Metabolism and Lipids: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials Diabetes Care 2007:30(8):2154-2163
43. Balk EM, Lichtenstein AH, Anastassios G. Pittas AG. Effect of Chromium Supplementation on Glucose Metabolism and Lipids: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials. Response to Kleefstra, Houweling, and Bilo. Diabetes Care 2007:30:e103 DOI: 10.2337/dc07-1121
44. Das SK, Gilhooly CH, Golden JK, Pittas AG, Fuss JP, Cheatham RA, Tyler S, Tsay M, McCroy MA, Lichtenstein AH, Dallal GE, Dutta C, Bhapkar MV, DeLany JP, Saltzman E and Roberts SB. Long-term effects of 2 energy-resticted diets differing in glycemic load on dietary adherences, body composition, and metabolism in CALERIE, a 1-year randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2007:85:1023
45. Pittas AG, Harris S, Stark P and Dawson-Hughes B. The Effects of Calcium and Vitamin D Supplementation on Blood Glucose and Markers of Inflammation in Non-diabetic Adults. Diabetes Care 2007:30(4):980-986
46. Pittas AG, Lau J, Hu F and Dawson-Hughes B. “The Role of Vitamin D and Calcium in type 2 diabetes. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”, J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2007:92:2017-2029.
47. Pittas AG and Dawson-Hughes B. The Effects of Calcium and Vitamin D Supplementation on Blood Glucose and Markers of Inflammation in Non-diabetic Adults. Diabetes Care 2007:30(7):e81; Author reply e82.
48. Pittas AG, Amori R and Lau J. Adverse Effects of Incretin Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes. Author Reply JAMA 2007:298(15):1760
49. Pittas AG. Inhaled Insulin. In: UpToDate, Rose, BD (Ed), UpToDate, Wellesley, MA 2007
50. Amori RE, AG Pittas, RD. Siegel, S Kumar, J Chen, S Karnam, SH Golden, D Salem. “Inpatient Medical Errors Involving Glucose Lowering Medications and Their Impact on Patients. A review of 2598 incidents from a voluntary Electronic Error Reporting Database.” Endocr Pract. 2008; 14: 535-542.
51. Ceglia L, Harris SS, Rasmussen HM, Dawson-Hughes. Activation of the calcium sensing receptor stimulates serum gastrin and gastric acid secretion in healthy participants. Osteoporos Int 2009 Jan;20(1):71-8
52. Ceglia L. Vitamin D and Skeletal Muscle Tissue and Function. Mol Aspect Med 2008 Dec;29(6):407-14
53. Dawson-Hughes B, Harris SS, Ceglia L. Alkaline diets favor lean tissue mass in older adults. Am J Clin Nut 2008 87: 662-665.
54. Hamdy O, AGoebel-Fabbr Ai, Carver C, Arathuzik G, Shahar J, Capelson R, Beaton J, O’Donnell S, Elsayed N, Mitri J, Mentzelopoulos V, Abrahamson MJ, Why WAIT Program: A Novel Model for Diabetes Weight Management in Routine Clinical Practice, Obesity Management 2008; 4(4): 176-183,.
55. Alexandraki KI, Makras P, Protogerou AD, Dimitriou K, Stathopoulou A, Papadogias DS, Voidonikol P, Piaditis G, Pittas A, Papamichael CM, Grossman AB and Kaltsas G. Cardiovascular risk factors in adult patients with multisystem Langerhans-cell histiocytosis: evidence of glucose metabolism abnormalities. Q J Med 2008; Jan 101(1):31-40
56. Peechakara SV and Pittas AG. Vitamin D as a potential modifier of diabetes risk. Nature CPEM 2008; 4(4):182-183
57. Das SK, Gilhooly CH, Golden JK, Pittas AG, Fuss PJ, Dallal GE, McCrory MA, Saltzman E and Roberts SB. Long-term effects of energy-restricted diets differing in glycemic load on metabolic adaptation and body composition. The Open Nutr J 2008; (2) 76-85.
58. Mitri J, Castillo J, and Pittas AG. Diabetes mellitus and risk of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma: A meta-analysis of observational studies. Diabetes Care 2008;31(12) 2391-7
59. Voidonikola PT, Stamatelopoulos KS, Alevizaki M, Kollias G, Zakopoulos N, Lekakis J, Anastasiou E, MDa, Theodorakis M, Pittas AG and Papamichael CM. The association between glycemia and endothelial function in non-diabetic individuals: the importance of body weight. Obesity 2008; Dec 16(12):2658-62
60. Amori RE and RD Siegel, Endocrinology Review Questions. Physician’s Assistant Review Guide. Jones and Bartlett Publishers. April 2009.
61. Ceglia L, Harris SS, Abrams SA, Rasmussen M, Dallal GE, Dawson-Hughes B. Potassium bicarbonate attenuates the urinary nitrogen excretion that accompanies an increase in dietary protein and may promote calcium absorption. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2009; Feb;94(2):645-53.
62. Ceglia L. Vitamin D and its role in skeletal muscle. Current Opinion in Nutrition and Metabolic Care 2009; (12):626-633
63. Ceglia L, Harris SS, Rasmussen HM and Dawson-Hughes B. Activation of the calcium receptor stimulates gastrin and gastric acid secretion in healthy participants Osteoporosis Int 2009; (20): 71-78
64. Shikany JM, Phadke RP, Redden DT, Gower BA, Effects of low- and high-glycemic index/glycemic load diets on coronary heart disease risk factors in overweight/obese men, Metabolism 2009; 58(12): 1793-801.
65. Hyatt TC, Phadke RP, Hunter GR, Bush NC, Munoz AJ, Gower BA, Insulin sensitivity in African-American and white women: Association with inflammation, Obesity 2009; 17: 276-282
66. Casazza K, Phadke RP, Fernandez JR, Watanabe RM, Goran MI, Gower BA, Obesity attenuates the contribution of African admixture to the insulin secretory profile in peripubertal children: A longitudinal analysis, Obesity 2009; 17(7): 1318-25
67. Liu E, Meigs JB, Pittas AG, McKeown NM, Economos CD, Booth SL, Jacques PF. Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D is associated with markers of the insulin resistance phenotype in non-diabetic adults. J. Nutr 2009; 139(2):329-34
68. Mitri J and Pittas AG. Inhaled insulin. What went wrong. Nature Reviews Endocrinology 2009; 5(1):24-5
69. Pittas AG, Harris SS, Eliades M, Stark P and Dawson-Hughes B. Association between serum osteocalcin and markers of metabolic phenotype. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2009; 94(3):827-832
70. Das SK, Saltzman E, Gilhooly CH, Delany JP, Golden JK, Pittas AG, Dallal GE, Bhapkar MV, Fuss PJ, Dutta C, McCrory MA, Roberts SB. Low or moderate dietary energy restriction for long-term weight loss: What works best? Obesity 2009; 17(11): 2019-24
71. Elder SJ, Lichtenstein AH, Pittas AG, Roberts SB, Fuss PJ, Greenberg AS, McCrory MA, Bouchard TJ, Edward Saltzman E, and Neale MC. Genetic and environmental influences on factors associated with cardiovascular disease and the metabolic syndrome J Lipid Res 2009; 50(9):1917-26
72. Eliades M and Pittas AG. Vitamin D and type 2 diabetes. Clinic Rev Bone Miner Metab 2009; 7(2):185-198
73. Chandler-Laney P, Phadke R, Granger W, Muñoz AJ, Dalla Man C, Cobelli C, Ovalle F, Fernández J, Gower BA. Adiposity and β-cell function: relationships differ with ethnicity and age. Obesity 2010; 18(11): 2086-92
74. Pittas AG, Laskowski U, Kos L and Saltzman E. Role of vitamin D in adults requiring nutrition support. J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2010; Jan-Feb;34(1):70-8
75. Pittas AG, Chung M, Trikalinos TA, Mitri J, Brendel M, Patel K, Lichtenstein AH, Lau J and Balk E. Vitamin D and Cardiometabolic Outcomes: A Systematic Review. Ann Intern Med 2010:152:307-314
76. Pittas AG and Dawson-Hughes B. Vitamin D and Diabetes. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2010; 121(1-2): 425-9
77. Liu E, Meigs JB, Pittas AG, Economos CD, McKeown NM, Booth SL and Jacques PF. Predicted 25-hydroxyvitamin D score and incident type 2 diabetes in the Framingham Offspring Study. AJCN 2010; 91(6): 1627-33
78. Pittas AG, Qi S, Manson JE, Dawson-Hughes B and Hu FB. Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration and risk of incident type 2 diabetes in women. Diabetes Care 2010; 35(3): 565-73
79. Mitri J and Pittas AG. Shining a light: the role of vitamin D in diabetes mellitus. Nature Reviews Endocrinology 2010:6:478-480
80. Pittas AG. Vitamin D and Cardiometabolic Disease. Functional Food Reviews 2010:2:2 (Summer 2010)
81. Eliades M and Pittas AG. Vitamin D and type 2 diabetes. In Holick M (editor) Vitamin D: Physiology, Molecular Biology and Clinical Applications, 2010
82. Dawson-Hughes B and Pittas AG. Vitamin D and type 2 diabetes and hypertension in Feldman D, Pike W and Adams J (editors) Vitamin D (3rd edition).
83. Kushner RK and Neff LM. Bariatric surgery: a key role for dietitians. JADA 2010; 110:524-6.
84. Neff LM and Kushner RK. The emerging role of GLP-1 receptor agonists in the treatment of obesity. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy 2010; 3:263-73.
85. Neff LM, Culiner J, Cunningham-Rundles S, Seidman C, Meehan D, Maturi J, Wittkowski KM, Levine B, and Breslow JL. A Algal docosahexaenoic acid favorably affects plasma lipoprotein particle size distribution in overweight and obese adults. J Nutr 2011; 141:207-213.
86. Pendyala S, Neff LM, Suarez-Farinez M, and Holt PR. Weight loss in obesity reduces colorectal inflammation; implications in colorectal carcinogenesis. Am J Clin Nutr 2011;93 234-242.
87. P. C. Chandler-Laney, R. Phadke, W. M. Granger, J. R. Fernández, A. J. Muñoz, C. Dalla Man, C. Cobelli, F. Ovalle, B. A. Gower, Adiposity and β-cell function: relationships differ with ethnicity and age. Obesity 2010; Nov;18(11):2086-92.
88. Ceglia L, Abrams SA, Harris SS, Rasmussen HM, Dallal GE, Dawson-Hughes B. A simple serum method to measure of fractional calcium absorption using dual stable isotopes. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 2010; Oct;118(9):653-6.
89. Ceglia L, Morais MDS, Park L, Morris E, Bischoff-Ferrari H, Fielding RA, Dawson-Hughes B. Multi-step immunofluorescent analysis of vitamin D receptor loci and myosin heavy chain isoforms in human skeletal muscle. J Molecular Histology. 2010; Apr;41(2-3):137-42.
90. Dawson-Hughes B, Castaneda-Sceppa C, Harris SS, Palermo NJ, Cloutier G, Ceglia L, and Dallal GE. Impact of supplementation with bicarbonate on lower-extremity muscle performance in older men and women. Osteoporos Int 2010; Jul;21(7):1171-9.
91. Ceglia L, Abrams SA, Harris SS, Rasmussen HM, Dallal GE, Dawson-Hughes B. Evaluation of an inexpensive calcium absorption index in healthy older men and women. Clin Endocrinol 2010; 72(1): 22-5.
92. Ann Y. McDermott, Thomas M. van Himbergen, Eliana Polisecki, Nuha A. ElSayed, Edward Saltzman, Caroline Apovian, Margaret E. Brousseau, Ernst J. Schaefer, The Leptin Receptor K109R, Pro-protein Convertase Subtilisin/Kexin type 1 Q665E, and Uncoupling Protein 3 Y210Y Polymorphisms Predict Morbid Obesity: Results from the Boston Obesity Genetics and Lifestyle (BOGL) Study, Clinical Genetics.
93. Ceglia L, Chiu G, Harris SS, Aruajo A. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration and physical function in adult men. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2011; Mar;74(3):370-6.
94. RU Simpson and Ceglia L. Vitamin D and Skeletal Muscle Function. In Vitamin D, 3rd Ed., eds. Felman D, Pike JW, Adams JS. Elsevier Press, 2011.
95. Neff LM, Culiner J, Cunningham-Rundles S, Seidman C, Meehan D, Maturi J, Wittkowski KM, Levine B, and Breslow JL. Algal docosahexaenoic acid favorably affects plasma lipoprotein particle size distribution in overweight and obese adults. J Nutr 2011; 141:207-213.
96. Pendyala S, Neff LM, Suarez-Farinez M, and Holt PR. Weight loss in obesity reduces colorectal inflammation; implications in colorectal carcinogenesis. Am J Clin Nutr 2011;93 234-242.
97. Kushner RK and Neff LM. Surgery for Severe Obesity. In: Rippe JM, ed. Lifestyle Medicine, 2nd edition. CRC Press. 2011.
98. Chandler-Laney PC, Phadke RP, Granger WM, Fernández JR, Muñoz JA, Man CD, Cobelli C, Ovalle F, Gower BA. Age-related changes in insulin sensitivity and β-cell function among European-American and African-American women. Obesity, 2011; Mar;19(3):528-35.
99. Chandler-Laney P, Phadke R, Granger W, Muñoz AJ, Dalla Man C, Cobelli C, Ovalle F, Fernández J, Gower BA. Adiposity and β-cell function: relationships differ with ethnicity and age. Obesity 2011; Mar; 19(3):528-35
100. Mitri J, Muraru MD and Pittas AG. Vitamin D and type 2 diabetes. A systematic review. EJCN 2011; 65(9): 1005-1015
101. Mitri J, Dawson-Hughes B and Pittas AG. The effects of vitamin D and calcium supplementation on pancreatic beta cell function, insulin sensitivity and glycemia in adults at high risk for diabetes. The CaDDM randomized controlled trial Am J Clin Nutr 2011; 94(2): 486-494.
102. Pittas AG and Dawson-Hughes B. Vitamin D and type 2 diabetes and hypertension in Feldman D, Pike W and Adams J (editors) Vitamin D (3rd edition), pp 1907 – 1930, 2011.
103. Pittas AG, Nelson J, Mitri J, Hillman W, Garganta C, Nathan DM and Dawson-Hughes. Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and progression to diabetes in patients at risk for diabetes: an ancillary analysis in the Diabetes Prevention Program. Diabetes Care 2012; 35(3): 565-73
104. CALERIE Study Group. Design and Conduct of the CALERIE Study: Comprehensive Assessment of the Long-term Effects of Reducing Intake of Energy J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2011:66(1):97-108
105. Liu, E, McKeown, NM, Pittas, AG, Meigs, JB, Economos, CD, Booth, SL, Jacques, PF. Predicted 25-hydroxyvitamin D score and change in fasting plasma glucose in the Framingham offspring study. European journal of clinical nutrition 2012; 66 (1):139-41
106. Pittas AG, Nelson J, Mitri J, Hillmann W, Garganta C, Nathan DM, Hu FB and Dawson-Hughes B. Vitamin D status and progression to diabetes in patients at risk for diabetes: an ancillary analysis in the Diabetes Prevention Program randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care 2012; 35(3):565-573
107. Pittas AG and Dawson-Hughes B. Vitamin D and type 2 diabetes and hypertension in Feldman D, Pike W and Adams J (editors) Vitamin D (3rd edition), 2012; pp 1907 - 1930.
108. Harris SS, Pittas AG and Palermo NJ.A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of vitamin D supplementation to improve glycaemia in overweight and obese African Americans. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 2012:14(9):789-94
109. Neff LM and Landsberg L. Obesity in Pregnancy. In Cohen W and August P, ed. Obstetric Medicine. 2012.
110. Kushner RK and Neff LM. Surgery for Severe Obesity. In: Rippe JM, ed. Lifestyle Medicine, 2nd edition. CRC Press. 2012
111. Cardozo ER, Dune TJ, Neff LM, Brocks ME, Ekpo GE, Barnes RB, and Marsh EE. Knowledge of obesity and its impact on reproductive health outcomes among urban women. J Comm Health 2012; 38(2): 261-7
112. Cardozo ER, Neff LM, Brocks ME, Ekpo GE, Dune TJ, Barnes RB, and Marsh EE. Infertility patients’ knowledge of the effects of obesity on reproductive health outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012; 207(6): 509