Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center and Research Institute
Booking Your Appointment
Not sure how to get started on seeing a hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) specialist in Boston? Here are a few tips:
When should I schedule my first appointment?
- When your cardiologist suspects HCM because of an abnormal EKG, heart murmur, or echocardiogram and is interested in seeking the opinion of an expert
- When you have already been diagnosed with HCM but want the advice of a specialist
- When you wish to explore treatment alternatives not available in your local community
- If there is a family history of HCM and you wish to be screened at a high volume, experienced and dedicated Center of Excellence
- You want to confirm or dismiss a diagnosis of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy—often mistaken as asthma, anxiety or panic attacks
How do I book my first appointment?
Your first step is to contact us and set up appointment. You can do so online or via phone by clicking the button on the right side of your screen “Request An Appointment” or by calling 617-636-8066 (option 1). Our administrative team will schedule your testing and office consultation at a time convenient for both you and your family.
Before your visit, we will mail you an informational packet. This packet will contain specific information on when and where you should report, instructions on all your pre-visit cardiac testing procedures, and any preparation you may need to take in advance. Also included are directions to the hospital, parking information, nearby hotel accommodations with patient discounts, recommendations for places to eat, etc.