The focus of this program is investigation into clinically relevant pathogenesis of HIV/AIDS and associated opportunistic infections.
The program's themes are:
- Pathogenesis of HIV/AIDS and associated opportunistic pathogens,
- Viral resistance and the appropriate means of monitoring and interpreting
- Innate and adaptive host immune responses to HIV and opportunistic infections
- The pathogenesis of metabolic changes in HIV infection
- The mechanisms of action and metabolism of antiretroviral drugs
The training program faculty include Drs. Thorpe, Ward, Coffin, Bachovchin, Snydman, Griffiths, Wanke, O’Connor, Selker, Hellinger, Wilson, Navia, Thorley-Lawson, Greenblatt, Huber, Kumamoto, Rosenberg, Widmer and Tzipori.
Learn more about our distinguished faculty >