Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
Tufts ID Fellows have incredible accomplishments during and after fellowship.
Most importantly, Tufts ID Fellows are highly competitive for the jobs that they seek!
During fellowship, fellows present at major national and international meetings including
- ASM Microbe
- ID Week (the joint meeting of several ID-related societies including the Infectious Diseases Society of America)
- Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) annual meeting,
- the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI).
- The American Society for Transplantation
Each fellow is sponsored by the program to attend at least one meeting during their fellowship. Our fellows have received multiple awards for their presentations.
- Our fellows have 100% infectious disease board pass rate for over 7 years.
- Former fellows are or have been medical school deans, chairs or vice-chairs of medicine departments, chiefs of infectious disease services, and leaders in our professional societies.
- Our fellows compete successfully for NIH loan repayment and for NIH-sponsored career awards (K series).
- Fellows take part in research projects that lead to a number of publications.