Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
What our fellows accomplish and where our they go after training:
- Our fellows present at major national and international meetings including the International Conference on Antibiotics and Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (ICAAC), the Infectious Disease Society of America annual meeting, the Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) annual meeting, and the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI). Each fellow is sponsored by the program to attend at least one meeting during their fellowship. Our fellows have received multiple awards for their presentations.
- Our fellows have 100% infectious disease board pass rate for over 5 years.
- Former fellows are or have been medical school deans, chairs or vice-chairs of medicine departments, and chiefs of infectious disease services.
- Our fellows compete successfully for NIH loan repayment and for NIH-sponsored career awards (K series).
- Fellows take part in research projects that lead to a number of publications.