Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
Wound Care / Hyperbaric Oxygen Concentration
Infectious Diseases fellow have the opportunity to participate in clinical at the Center for Vascular, Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine. This clinic takes an integrated approach that brings together specialists from several fields including vascular surgery, podiatry, infectious diseases, orthotics and physical medicine and rehabilitation. This Center is the only academic medical center in Boston to offer hyperbaric medicine.
Led by Genève Allison, MD, MS, the Wound Care/Hyperbaric Oxygen track offers the opportunity to develop a specialized skill set while working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Attendance at a 6 day HBO/wound care training course (external).
- Wound care/HBO clinic attendance up to twice per month during research time
- Attendance at a national meeting.
- Rounding on the Inpatient Wound Care service
Research and Scholarly activity
- Scholarly project in HBO/wound care comprising either research or QI. Projects have included a systematic review of available diabetic foot literature.
- Bi-monthly journal club/literature discussion with mentor
Fellows in this track will have specific opportunity to develop their expertise as Clinician Educators. Teaching opportunities include leading small group discussions with pre-clinical medical students, as well as providing lectures to medical students on clinical rotations and housestaff.
View other concentrations: HIV | Transplant | Antimicrobial Stewardship | Infection Prevention