Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital for Children strive to provide a welcoming and affirming environment to all patients, employees, and family members of the LGBTQ community. We are here to help LGBTQ patients and their families navigate the resources that exist within our hospitals.
Many of our physicians provide specific clinical care for LGBTQ patients. All clinicians at Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital are committed to providing high quality patient-centered care with respect to our patients’ customs and beliefs, providers who have the LGBTQ Health distinction because they provide one or more of the services below.
- HIV/STD/STI testing and counseling
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary clinical care program for transgender & gender expansive youth
- Provision of PrEP and/or PEP for patients at risk for HIV
- Trans-affirming gynecological care, including cervical cancer screening and pelvic exams
- HIV care and services
- Hormone therapy and monitoring
- LGBTQ-focused mental health services
- Psychological, physical and psychiatric evaluations
- LGBTQ-focused alcohol and substance use treatment
- Gender-confirming surgeries
- LGBTQ family-building assisted reproductive treatment
- Referrals for gender-confirming surgeries
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary clinical care program for transgender adults
- Preoperative and postoperative care for gender-confirming surgeries