Internal Medicine Residency Program
Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Tufts Medical Center, the major teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine. The program provides exceptional training in Internal Medicine in preparation for careers in general medicine, medical subspecialties, academic medicine and clinical investigation. We do not offer a preliminary year.
The Department of Medicine at Tufts Medical Center and its residency training have a long storied tradition. Some of the highlights of the program include:
- Emphasis on focused learning with inpatient subspecialty teams with full time attending physicians from the various disciplines. No "privates."
- Numerous subspecialty ambulatory blocks
- No preliminary positions
- Over 90% of the training occurs at the home institution
- Diverse high acuity patient population
- On site continuity clinics for all trainees
- Outstanding fellowship and job placements
- Excellent research opportunities
- Unique medical education track
On the right are links to pages that will provide you with a more detailed description of our training program and our highly accomplished faculty. We hope that this information further increases your interest in learning more about us. We look forward to seeing your application and meeting you on the interview trail.