Rosa M. Colon-Kolacko, Ph.D., MBA, CDM, SHRM-SCP
Tufts Medicine is pleased to introduce the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Academy – a learning strategy to provide developmental experiences and programs to equip colleagues from across the system with the skills to advance inclusion, behaviors to transform our culture, and knowledge to achieve equity.
The DEI Academy is one of many ways we are building our capabilities, improving performance, and driving equity. This is deeply important work, and we are committed to building a strong foundation that will support sustainable, long-term change across our health system in the years ahead. Residents are invited to participate in the academy.
Check out the Center for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion App
Tufts Department of Medicine’s Anti-Racisms Task Force
Making our department a space where everyone belongs and is part of the conversation.
- Promoting an inclusive atmosphere for all trainees
- Increasing the diversity of our residency and fellowship training programs
- Providing mentorship and support for trainees from diverse backgrounds
- Educating trainees and faculty about topics of diversity, equity, inclusion and disparities
- Promoting Health Equity research
- Bias Reduction in Medicine Training (over 200+ faculty and residents trained)
- Visiting clerkship for students underrepresented in medicine to explore Tufts
- Monthly noon conferences on diversity, equity and inclusion topics. Last year’s highlights
- Trauma informed care
- Health Equity and Advocacy
- Cultural Competency in Code Status Training for our Chinatown populations
Meeting the Needs of Our Patients
Tufts Medical Center is located in the heart of Boston’s Chinatown – a culturally, historically and linguistically vibrant community. We have a long, rich history of serving the region’s residents who are most in need, dating back to the founding of the Boston Dispensary in 1796. We are committed and uniquely positioned to provide the culturally and linguistically appropriate services to best serve our diverse patient population.
Asian Community Health Focus – meeting the health needs of the surrounding community with healthcare professionals who speak Asian languages
LQBTQ+ Health – providing both routine and sub-specialized services to the LGBTQ community
Interpreter Service Language Demographics at Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medicine Network - Patient Demographics