The Primary Care Track is open to any rising second or third year resident interested in increasing their experience and training in primary care and outpatient medicine, regardless of future career aspirations.
The track consists of the following:
- One (3-week) primary care elective both second and third year beyond the standard primary care clinic blocks
- Rotations through other subspecialty clinics that are valuable for primary care training (including Dermatology, Orthopedics, Physical Therapy, Diabetes clinic, and Headache Clinic)
- A 3-week rotation in our satellite practice in Quincy to gain experience in a community based clinic
- Invitations to Tufts Medical Center Primary Care Boston faculty conferences
• Co-precepting with faculty of other residents to see a larger amount of primary care cases and to have the opportunity to teach other residents and get feedback on this from faculty
• Dedicated career mentorship and advice on the job application process with several events planned throughout the year including a career panelist dinner and workshops on the job application process, creating a CV and cover letter, interviewing as well as help with contracts negotiations
Recent graduate careers include:
2020 graduates: Tufts Medical Center Primary Care Boston, Mass General Hospital Primary Care
2019 graduates: Salem Family Primary Care, Mass General Hospital Primary Care in Beacon Hill
2018 graduates: Hawaii Health Partners, Tufts Medical Center Primary Care Boston, Queen City Physicians in Cincinnati, Tufts Medical Center Primary Care Quincy
2017 graduates: Geriatrics at St. Luke's Medical Associates of Bethlehem, Tufts Medical Center Primary Care Wellesley, University of Maryland, Hospital Medicine at Stanford
For further questions, please email Dr. Kinji Sathi.