Obstetrics and Gynecology
Staying Cool While Pregnant
- Water, water and more water! Make sure to keep a bottle of water with you at all times and sip away. It’s much easier to become dehydrated in pregnancy so fluid intake is super important.
- Keep covered up! Wear loose fitting cotton or linen clothing that covers the arms and legs. Not only will this prevent sunburns but it will also help you to feel cooler when you are out and about.
- Need to get out for some exercise or to walk the dog? Try scheduling outdoor activities for the early morning or later evening in order to avoid the hottest part of the day.
- Go swimming! Swimming feels awesome during pregnancy and will keep you nice and cool. If you’re swimming outdoors, make sure to stay in the shade when you’re not in the water.
- Attempt to stay where it’s cool. That means staying indoors in air-conditioned spaces if you can. Head to the movies or to the mall if you don’t have air conditioning at home. If all else fails, put a fan on and wet a cloth with cool water to place on your head or neck.