We welcome your interest in Tufts Medical Center! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
The OBGYN Department has TWO available tracks for residency applicants:
Categorical: 4 years of training from Internship to Chief Residency. (IMG and US Based Applicants welcome to apply)
Preliminary: Intern year of training only (for IMGs, US-Based and/or Transition Year Applicants). This position is housed at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- All applications must be processed through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). We do not accept applications outside of ERAS.
- All foreign medical graduates must apply through the ECFMG who will then process all foreign applications through ERAS. Tufts Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa for both tracks.
- Medical School Education: A graduate of an American Medical Association-approved and Massachusetts BORIM approved medical school (within 5 years of graduation). (feel free to inquire if you have any questions about this).
- USMLE: The Tufts OBGYN department does not have a score minimum, but we will not interview candidates who have failed any steps or whose score is below 200. We make very few exceptions to this. You must have step 1 for your application and Parts 2 CK and CS before starting residency.
- 3 letters of recommendation: You must have at LEAST 3 letters. One of which must come from a faculty member in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. A chairman's letter is strongly recommended. It is also preferable if you have a letter from the OBGYN Program Director.
- NRMP: You must be registered with the NRMP by the match Deadline or you cannot be matched into this program.
2019 Interview session information
Categorical Track: Invitations for interviews will be sent out in mid-October. Interviews will be taking place November 19, December 4, and December 12 (3 interview days only). The interviews will be conducted at Tufts Medical Center.
Preliminary Track: Invitations for interviews will be sent out by the end of November or early December. The interview will take place on January 29, 2020 at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham, Massachusetts.
*In the past, 3rd Friday has been used as a primary tool for scheduling. This year, this application will be used to track availability FIRST and THEN scheduling once confirmed. This strategy will be employed so that nobody is locked out of a date, and everyone can give a second or possibly third choice, if all dates work out. Once candidates list their availability, verification/confirmation emails will be sent separate from 3rd Friday and will be finalized with candidates on an individual basis. This process will take about a week to give applicants time to prioritize interview travel.
For additional questions, please contact:
Education Program Manager