We welcome your interest in Tufts Medical Center! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
The OBGYN Department has TWO available tracks for residency applicants:
Categorical: 4 years of training from Internship to Chief Residency. (IMG and US Based Applicants welcome to apply)
Preliminary: Intern year of training only (for IMGs, US-Based and/or Transition Year Applicants). This position is housed at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- All applications must be processed through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). We do not accept applications outside of ERAS.
- All foreign medical graduates must apply through the ECFMG who will then process all foreign applications through ERAS. Tufts Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa for both tracks. If you need an H1B Visa, we unfortunately cannot sponsor you.
- Medical School Education: A graduate of an American Medical Association-approved and Massachusetts BORIM approved medical school (within 5 years of graduation). (feel free to inquire if you have any questions about this).
- USMLE: The Tufts OBGYN department does not have a score minimum. You must have step 1 for your application and Parts 2 CK and CS before starting residency for licensure.
- 3 letters of recommendation: You must have at LEAST 3 letters. One of which must come from a faculty member in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. A chairman's letter is strongly recommended. It is also preferable if you have a letter from the OBGYN Program Director.
- NRMP: You must be registered with the NRMP by the match Deadline or you cannot be matched into this program.
2021 Interview session information
The application deadline will be October 1.
Invitations for interviews will be sent out as per RRR guidelines on October 19.
Interviews will be taking place November 23, December 2 and December 8. We will use Thalamus scheduler and video conferencing.
Invitations for interviews will be sent by the end of December, early January for a January or February interview date The interview date is TBD at this time. This interview day will be conducted virtually (and scheduled) via Thalamus. Please keep in mind the preliminary position is housed at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham. And please keep in mind we only sponsor the J1 Visa.
For additional questions, please contact:
Jennifer Higgins-Spiers, MA
Education Program Manager
APMOG Region 1 Representative