We welcome your interest in Tufts Medical Center! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
The OBGYN Department has TWO available tracks for residency applicants:
Categorical: 4 years of training from Internship to Chief Residency. (IMG and US Based Applicants welcome to apply)
Preliminary: Intern year of training only (for IMGs, US-Based and/or Transition Year Applicants). This position is housed at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- All applications must be processed through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). We do not accept applications outside of ERAS.
- All foreign medical graduates must apply through the ECFMG who will then process all foreign applications through ERAS. Tufts Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa for both tracks.
- Medical School Education: A graduate of an American Medical Association-approved and Massachusetts BORIM approved medical school (within 5 years of graduation). (feel free to inquire if you have any questions about this).
- USMLE: The Tufts OBGYN department does not have a score minimum, but we will not interview candidates who have failed any steps or whose score is below 200. We make very few exceptions to this. You must have step 1 for your application and Parts 2 CK and CS before starting residency.
- 3 letters of recommendation: You must have at LEAST 3 letters. One of which must come from a faculty member in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. A chairman's letter is strongly recommended. It is also preferable if you have a letter from the OBGYN Program Director.
- NRMP: You must be registered with the NRMP by the match Deadline or you cannot be matched into this program.
2020 Interview session information
The application deadline will be November 1.
Invitations for interviews will be sent out as per ACOG guidelines on November 10 and 17.
Interviews will be taking place December 2, 10 and 15 on a virtual platform.
Invitations for interviews will be sent out by the end of November or early December. The interview date is TBD at this time. This interview day will be conducted virtually. Please keep in mind the preliminary position is housed at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham.
For additional questions, please contact:
Jennifer Higgins-Spiers, MA
Education Program Manager