We welcome your interest in Tufts Medical Center! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
The OBGYN Department has TWO available tracks for residency applicants:
Categorical: 4 years of training from Internship to Chief Residency. (IMG and US Based Applicants welcome to apply)
Preliminary: Intern year of training only (for IMGs, US-Based and/or Transition Year Applicants). This position is housed at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- All applications must be processed through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). We do not accept applications outside of ERAS.
- All foreign medical graduates must apply through the ECFMG who will then process all foreign applications through ERAS. Tufts Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa for both tracks.
- Medical School Education: A graduate of an American Medical Association-approved and Massachusetts BORIM approved medical school (within 5 years of graduation). (feel free to inquire if you have any questions about this).
- USMLE: The Tufts OBGYN department does not have a score minimum, but we will not interview candidates who have failed any steps or whose score is below 200. We make very few exceptions to this. You must have step 1 for your application and Parts 2 CK and CS before starting residency.
- 3 letters of recommendation: You must have at LEAST 3 letters. One of which must come from a faculty member in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. A chairman's letter is strongly recommended. It is also preferable if you have a letter from the OBGYN Program Director.
- NRMP: You must be registered with the NRMP by the match Deadline or you cannot be matched into this program.
2018 Interview session information
A personal interview is an essential part of the application procedure. All interviews are by invitation only after all applications have been reviewed. We use 3rd Friday for correspondence and interview scheduling.
Categorical Track: Invitations for interviews will be sent out in mid-October. Interviews will be taking place November 8, November 19, November 28 and December 11. The interviews will be conducted at Tufts Medical Center.
Invitations for interviews will be sent out by the end of November. The interview will take place on January 9, 2019 at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham, Massachusetts.
For additional questions, please contact:
Education Program Manager