The Department of Opthalmology/New England Eye Center at Tufts Medical Center is a a major referral and consultation resource for patients and doctors in Greater Boston and around the world.
Our team aims to deliver the highest-quality tertiary ophthalmic services in a compassionate, patient-centered environment. Diagnostic and therapeutic services include:
- Aesthetic treatments (e.g. eyelid surgery)
- Cornea, external disease and cataracts
- General ophthalmology
- Glaucoma and cataracts
- Laser vision correction
- Optometry and contact lenses
- Pediatric ophthalmology and ocular motility (strabismus)
- Vision rehabilitation
- Vitreoretinal service and surgery
New England Eyewear, a full-service optical shop located within our office, offers a large selection of frames, including children's frames.
260 Tremont Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02116
800 Washington St., Box 450
Boston, MA 02111
Exceptional treatment options
To complement our physicians' expertise, we have equipment that equals or surpasses that found in ophthalmic centers anywhere.
- Sophisticated testing such as digital angiography, color Doppler imaging and ultrasound biomicroscopy help us make even the most difficult diagnoses.
- Our operating rooms feature the latest instrumentation for ophthalmic microsurgery, including advanced vitreoretinal surgery.
- Our Laser Vision Center's range of therapeutic capabilities is matched by few other ophthalmic centers in the world.
At New England Eye Center, our equipment helps us provide the best technical care. But it's our people who complete the picture, paying attention to your needs and making sure you always feel at home.