No two patients are alike. So why should your treatment be the same? At Tufts Medical Center’s Surgical Oncology Division, our expert surgeons and support staff understand that one approach to cancer care does not fit everyone. That’s why we work together with your referring physician, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and other sub-specialties—as well as you, the patient—to create a treatment plan that takes into account your individual needs and encompasses our wide range of state-of-the-art cancer treatment options.
A top choice for cancer care
The Surgical Oncology Division collaborates with physicians and staff of the Tufts Cancer Center to provide patients who need surgery for cancer with the treatment they need. Our surgeons have the level of skill and experience to make the Division a top choice for cancer patients throughout the New England area. Several of our world-class clinical services include:
- Breast Health - The surgeons work closely with plastic surgeons to offer patients a number of treatment options, including oncoplastic surgery and both tissue and implant reconstruction. The Breast Health Center is the longest standing multidisciplinary breast center in New England.
- Colon and Rectal Cancer - Our colorectal surgeons provide screening and treatment for colon, rectal and anal cancers, ranging from early stage to late stage cancers.
- Head and Neck Cancer - Our exceptional head and neck cancer team provide diagnoses and evaluation for patients with malignancies of the head and neck. They also offer leading-edge cancer treatments, including surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and an individualized combination of therapies.
- Liver Tumors - We have a unique multidisciplinary Liver Tumor Clinic that provides care for patients with tumors that originate in or metastasize to the liver.
- Lung Tumors - Our Lung Tumor Evaluation Center offers careful evaluation of lung nodules as well as minimally invasive surgery for lung, esophageal and pleural diseases, leading to a quicker recovery and less pain with surgery.
- Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Program - This program is one of just a few Centers of Excellence in the United States offering HIPEC - a combined surgical and heated intra-operative chemotherapy treatment for both primary and metastatic cancers in the abdominal cavity.
We also believe that advanced treatment for cancer means little if it isn’t accompanied by a human touch. That is why we offer these services in a warm, supportive environment that puts patients first.