The Department of Urology at Tufts Medical Center provides a complete range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for management of both routine and complex urological disorders. The field of Urology is continuously evolving and we are committed to deliver to our patients the most advanced and up-to-date treatment options. Our team is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of personalized and compassionate patient health care for both adult and pediatric patients.
The Department of Urology is an integral part of Tufts Medical Center. By combining our expertise with other specialties in a multidisciplinary approach, we provide comprehensive and coordinated surgical and medical care for patients with various urological ailments.
Our Specialty Services include:
- Laparoscopic and da Vinci Robot-assisted minimally invasive surgery
- Surgical and medical management of urologic cancer including kidney, adrenal, bladder, prostate, penile and testicular cancer
- Obstructive Uropathy including urinary strictures, UPJ obstruction, BPH and other prostate diseases
- Comprehensive urological stone management, including ESWL, laser lithotripsy; ureteroscopic, nephroscopic, and percutaneous stone removal
- Comprehensive female urological services
- Management of incontinence/Voiding dysfunction in females and males
- Urodynamic/Neuro-urology testing
- Sexual dysfunction
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Interstitial cystitis
- Urological trauma
- Reconstructive urology
- Consultative urological nursing and administration
- Comprehensive pediatric urology
Our Urology staff doctors are board certified, specialty trained and on the academic faculty of Tufts University School of Medicine. Our areas of expertise are in the areas of Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery, featuring the daVinci robot, all Urologic Cancers, Kidney Disease, Kidney Stones, BPH, Female Urology, Urinary Incontinence, Erectile Dysfunction, Infertility and Urinary Reconstruction.
Tufts Medical Center’s Department of Urology provides the best in patient care. We combine our advanced expertise in Minimally Invasive and traditional Surgery, state-of-the-art facilities and technologies to provide the most advanced medical care and help our patients return to work, their lives and their families quickly, with less pain and improved outcomes. We carefully explain the treatment options in easy to understand terms, and answer patient and family questions prior to deciding on the best course of treatment for each individual patient. All patients are continuously counseled regarding the risks, benefits and limitations of each treatment option and preventive measures. Following treatment, patients are closely monitored and the primary care physicians receive timely feedback.
I hope you find this website helpful and invite you to learn more about the excellent services provided by the Tufts Medical Center Department of Urology.
Gennaro Carpinito, M.D. F.A.C.S.
Charles M. Whitney Professor &
Chairman, Department of Urology
Tufts Medical Center
Tufts University School of Medicine