How to Prepare for Hyperbaric Treatment
In order for each patient to be safely and properly prepared for hyperbaric treatments at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, please adhere to the following checklist each day prior to coming to the unit.
- Remove all jewelry (except wedding band).
- Remove hearing aids, prosthesis and dentures (all may be removed at unit).
- Bathe or shower prior to treatment to completely remove cosmetics, perfumes and deodorants.
- NO hairspray, oils, hair creams, body lotions, petroleum based products. Treatments must be cancelled if residue from these products remains on skin.
- NO Sulfamylon or petroleum based dressing during hyperbaric treatment regimen.
- Have a meal or snack within one (1) hour prior to treatment since blood sugar levels may decrease during the hyperbaric treatment. This is especially important for diabetic patients.
- The patient should take all their medication as scheduled, however, please inform our staff if any routine medication was not taken that day.
- No medication patches allowed (Do not apply till after your treatment)
The Center for Vascular, Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine staff will be happy to assist you with any questions concerning preparation for treatments, please call 617-636-7761.
How Can We Help You Today?