Weight and Wellness Center
Advanced surgery. Compassionate support. A premiere weight loss program.
As one of the leading weight management clinics in New England, the Weight and Wellness Center offers a range of minimally invasive bariatric surgery approaches. We use innovative techniques that will get you the best possible results and back on your feet quickly.
Learn about your surgical weight loss options
Empowering you to live a healthier life.
Our mission: Empower you with the tools and support you need for weight loss and live a healthier life. Our team: Behavior therapists, nutritionists, physicians, surgeons and nurses working with you every step of the way. Our focus: You.
Let's get started on your weight loss journey
Welcome to the Weight and Wellness Center
Our mission is to give you the tools you need to reach your optimal weight. Our medical weight loss and surgical weight loss programs can help you achieve safe, effective long term results. We specialize in everything from meal replacement to gastric bypass surgery.
The Weight and Wellness Center at Tufts Medical Center in Boston is a MBSAQIP Accredited Comprehensive Center designed by the American College of Surgeons.
What sets our weight loss program apart
- We work with you to understand why you've had trouble losing weight in the past and develop a comprehensive weight loss program to meet your needs. We offer medical, surgical and combined approaches to weight loss.
- We provide you with a full support team including behavior therapists, nutritionists, physicians, surgeons and nurses exclusively dedicated to nutritional and obesity-related issues.
- We have conducted more than 4,000 laparoscopic bariatric surgeries and almost all of our operations (95%) are done laparoscopically – which means our patients often have smaller scars, a faster, safer recovery and less chance of infection.
- Our Bariatric Program was re-accredited for three years in the fall of 2015 as a comprehensive Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation Quality Initiative Program (MBSAQIP), and we continue to maintain separate centers of distinction status at Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna and United Healthcare.
- We continue to take care of, and have performed successful bariatric procedures on, some of the most complicated patients in the region, including patients weighing more than 600 pounds, patients awaiting renal transplant, patients on dialysis and patients with cirrhosis (Child’s class A and B).
- We are a referral center for ongoing management of bariatric postoperative complications from the community, such as leak and sepsis.
- We work closely with other specialties, such as Primary Care, Orthopaedics and the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center to manage your overall well-being.