Are you having trouble paying your hospital and physician organization bills? Please view the below resources available to our patients.
Please Note: As of November 1, 2018, cash is no longer accepted as a form of payment for deductibles, co-insurance, or co-payments at Tufts Medical Center outpatient clinics. We accept all forms of credit cards, debit cards and personal checks. This change allows us to ensure proper documentation of your payment. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
This new policy applies to outpatient clinics only at Tufts MC. The pharmacy, Emergency Department and the dining options within Tufts MC will still accept cash. Learn more >
If you live in Massachusetts, you may be able to get health insurance or help paying for your healthcare bills through state programs like MassHealth, the Health Connector, or the Health Safety Net. Each program has different rules and income limitations. To find out more and to apply:
- Go to MAhealthconnector.org
- Work with a Financial Coordinator at your hospital or health center. Contact information for Tufts MC Financial Coordination is listed below.
Other states have health insurance programs as well. Visit HealthCare.gov for more details >
Tufts Medical Center Financial Assistance
Patients who have the means are expected to pay for services received at Tufts Medical Center. However, Tufts MC provides financial counseling and financial assistance to patients unable to pay for emergency and medically necessary care. If you do not have insurance coverage or if you do not have enough insurance coverage to cover your care, you may qualify for a Tufts MC discount or payment plan. An application along with supporting documentation may be required.
Download the Financial Assistance Application:
Important: Tufts MC does not discount patient co-payments, deductibles, or co-insurance.
To obtain additional information, please review our Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary in six languages.
You can also view the full policy in it's long form below:
All documents are available free of charge here on our website and in person at a Tufts MC Financial Coordination office. You may also request to have documents mailed to you, free of charge.
Contacting the Financial Coordination Department
Our Financial Coordinators are available Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm and Saturday/Sunday, 8:30am-5pm.
- In person at the following Tufts Medical Center locations:
- Biewend Building, 1st Floor, 260 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Proger Building, 1st Floor, 800 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Floating Hospital for Children, 1st Floor, 755 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02011
- Emergency Department, 1st Floor, 800 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111
- By telephone at 617-636-6013
- By email at FinancialAssistance@tuftsmedicalcenter.org
- By mail at Tufts Medical Center, Financial Coordination, 800 Washington Street, Box 475, Boston, MA 02111
- Holiday Hours
- Christmas Eve- 8:30-5
- Christmas Day- CLOSED
- New Year’s Eve- 8:30-12pm
- New Year’s Day- CLOSED
Credit and Collection Policy
Our Credit and Collection Policy governs how and when we collect patient demographic and insurance information and how and when we bill insurance and bill the patient.