The Novice Nurse Training Program at Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital for Children is designed to support newly licensed nurses as they begin their professional careers within a busy academic medical center.
This comprehensive program builds upon the solid foundation already established in a BSN program by providing participants with the resources necessary to strengthen and expand their skills. Nurses will be hired for a specific floor/unit and will have the support of their leadership team, colleagues as well as dedicated preceptor(s) from that floor/unit. In addition, nurses will enjoy one classroom day per week, where they will have an opportunity to interact with other members of the interdisciplinary team and learn from subject matter experts from various specialties and disciplines throughout the organization.
Department participation varies by session, and may include:
Adult Medical/Surgical, Cardiomyopathy (CMC); Adult Critical Care- Cardiothoracic (CTU), CCU, Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU), Neuroscience Critical Care (NCCU), Surgical Intensive Care (SICU); Pediatric Medical/Surgical, Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU); Mother Infant (MIU); and Emergency Department (ER); perinatal; hematology; oncology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current MA RN Licensure (verified on Health & Human Services prior to start date)
- Current BLS certification (with a renew date in 6+ months)
- Specialty certification may be required in certain areas
- Must be available without interruption
- Availability to work 40 hours per week, rotating shifts (day, eve, and night) with weekend rotation
The next Novice Nurse Training Program begins in October 2019.
Apply to the program