Tufts Medical Center is currently accepting applications for our Perioperative RN Training Program. The program is focused on providing the knowledge, skills and competencies required for the professional perioperative nurse.
Participants will learn the theoretical concepts, principles and skills of perioperative nursing based on the standards and recommended practices established by Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN). The individuals that successfully complete the program will have the opportunity to continue their nursing career at Tufts Medical Center.
The first four weeks consist of the didactic portion of the program, which includes classroom lectures, skills lab practice and observational experiences in the operating room. The novice perioperative nurse will then begin the clinical rotation to the Circulating Nurse and Scrub Nurse roles working with a preceptor in the various surgical specialties at Tufts Medical Center.
Criteria for Successful Completion of the Perioperative Nurse Training Program:
- A didactic portion of class and written exam
- A hands-on-scrub portion of class
- Clinical rotations, which are evidenced by positive feedback from preceptors and direct observation by instructors
- Submission of a completed clinical rotation checklist to the nurse educators at the conclusion of the rotational period
- At least two- three year of med-surg RN experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing
- Current Massachusetts RN license
Candidates must provide a cover letter describing your motivation for wanting to become a perioperative nurse and resume for review. Candidates meeting requirements will be interviewed and selected based on interview, skill set and requirements.
Compensation will be based on experience.
Please apply through our career portal >