As an academic medical center, we are invested in the continual learning and development of nursing professionals. This is grounded in our commitment to teaching the next generation of nurses and physicians and generating new knowledge and practices to bring the best care to the bedside.
Through an evidence-based and practiced-based model (ANA, 2010), our professional development team supports:
- Competency-based orientation
- Academic partnerships
- Nursing Research & Scholarship
- Mentoring, career development & role transition opportunities
Preparing and supporting nurses to excel as clinicians, researchers, leaders and innovators in healthcare requires an environment that cultivates critical thinking, innovation and knowledge-sharing.
At Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital for Children, we achieve this through an integration of the ten Nurse of the Future Core Competencies, along with a curriculum that leads us into a culture of safety and an environment of continual learning.
Excellence in patient care does not just happen – it is built upon a foundation of patient-focused and family-centered care. It is a result of nursing care, practiced within context of the team, embodies partnership with families, critical thinking, compassion, and execution.
Sample of programs for learning include:
- Nursing Grand Rounds
- Schwartz Center Grand Rounds
- Oncology Grand Rounds
- Preceptor and Charge Nurse Workshops
- Annual Specialty Symposiums (i.e. Pain, Transplant, Trauma, and more…)
- Basic and Advanced Cardiac Arrhythmia Course
- Emergency Skills Day
- Trauma Certification
In addition, Tufts Medical Center offers:
- American Heart Association Provider Unit offerings: ACLS/BLS/PALS/Pears/Heartsaver
- Neonatal Resuscitation Programs (NRP)
- Boston ICU Consortia Program Participation
- STABLE Programs onsite & through affiliates
For more information on our programming, please call Professional Development @ 617-636-5011.