As a patient of the Medical Center, you have, among other responsibilities, the responsibility to:
- Be on time for scheduled appointments and call the Medical Center when you are late or have to reschedule an appointment.
- Bring with you information about your present and past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to your health. Be open and honest about your health and medical history, so that, together informed decisions can be made about your care.
- Ask any questions you or your family members may have regarding your health, so they can be answered. Tell the staff immediately if you do not understand any information or instructions you receive regarding your health or if you think you will be unable to carry out any instructions.
- Follow your physician’s advice and instructions and take all medication as prescribed. Let the staff know immediately about any changes in your symptoms or general condition. We are partners in your care during your stay in the hospital as well as afterwards.
- Promptly pay the Medical Center bill and provide us with any information you have about your health insurance so that the bill can be processed quickly and appropriately.
- Be considerate of other patients and their needs.
- Help other patients breathe easier – Do not smoke where prohibited.