Come on over, see your loved one
At Tufts Medical Center, we want you to stop by and see your loved ones. After all, what’s healthier than that?
Visiting hours are from 8am to 8 pm daily
Sometimes, our patients need to adjust these hours or the number of visitors they can see. We’ll let you know if this is the case. If you’re a patient and don’t want visitors, tell one of our nurses.
Visitors under age 13 need to be with an adult. Also, visitors 16 years old or younger need to screened for colds and viruses before each visit.
Before your visit
Please check in with a nurse before entering a patient’s room. To protect patients, anyone who is sick or has been in contact with a contagious disease (such as chicken pox) shouldn’t visit until any danger of spreading the infection has passed. Ask a nurse if you’re uncertain about possible infection.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit have their own visitor policies. Please check with the nurse before visiting these units.
Weekend and holiday entrance to the hospital
In an effort to ensure the safety of our patients, their families/friends and our staff, we instituted special weekend and holiday times that the entrances of the hospital are open. Please see below for more detail:
Entry from street/ground level:
- From 8 pm Friday to 6 am Monday, all individuals coming to the Medical Center at street level should enter through the Emergency Department, 830 Washington Street.
- The Atrium Lobby doors from Washington and Bennet streets will be locked.
- Floating Hospital street-level access is open from 7 am–1 pm on Saturday only to allow access to Floating clinics and the MRI.
Entry for those parking in Tremont Street Garage:
- The Biewend Building Lobby and entrance to Biewend from the main hospital/3rd floor crossover will be open for access to Biewend clinics from 6 am–1 pm on Saturday only.
- This will continue our current weekend practice:
- Individuals entering from the Tremont Street Garage have several options:
- For those who use wheelchairs, strollers or are mobility-challenged they should take the garage elevator to Floating Plaza and use the phone next to the Floating Plaza Level entrance to call Public Safety who can buzz them in.
- Others can follow the same instructions above or can take the elevators to the Plaza or Ground Level depending on the elevator bank they use, and then cross the street to enter through the Emergency Department, 830 Washington Street.
- From 6 am–1 pm Saturday, patients and visitors can use the 3rd Floor crossover garage entrance (stairs) to allow access to clinics.