There are five entrances open to collect a required mask when visiting or checking in for an appointment.
- Emergency Department: 24/7
- Tufts Children's Hospital, Floating Building Plaza level: 24/7
- Atrium Main Entrance: 10 am – noon Monday–Friday
- Biewend Lobby: 6 am – 6 pm
- Rehab Lobby on Harrison Ave: 6 am – 6 pm
Updated visitor policy
as of November 9, 2020
Visitors must wear their mask at all times while in the Medical Center.
Due to the new travel order, visitors must attest that they have not traveled outside of Massachusetts to a high-risk state over the past 14 days. If they did travel to a high-risk state, they must attest that they have quarantined for 14 days and/or have received a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their return to MA or during their 14 day quarantine. A negative COVID-19 test must be provided at visitation check-in if they have not quarantined for 14 days. Each visitor is required to present this documentation upon each visitation to the Medical Center.
- Visitors must check in at the entrance and the nursing unit station before entering the patient room.
- For adult inpatients, one visitor/support person per day. Hours are now 3 – 6 pm with check-in no later than 5 pm.. Please check in at the Atrium Main Entrance (800 Washington St.). All visitors/support persons must be 18 years of age or older. The visitor will be instructed to remain in the room with the patient for the duration of the visit.
Adults coming for an appointment (outpatient)
- No visitors allowed
- We ask that only patients with pre-scheduled appointments visit their doctor's office
o One individual/companion may accompany the Adult outpatient to an in-person provider or Emergency Department visit if the patient is elderly or disabled
o One individual/companion may accompany the Adult outpatient to discuss serious new diagnosis or major treatment or procedure decision
- For pediatric patients, two parents/guardians/designated caregiver for patients under the age of 18 are allowed to visit. The caregiver must stay in the patient's room for the duration of the visit, wear a mask, practice hand hygiene and must be screened. The visitation hours are open 24/7.
Pediatric patients coming for an appointment
- One parent/guardian may accompany a pediatric patient to an in-person provider visit.
- Patients admitted to Tufts Medical Center for delivery of a baby are allowed one asymptomatic support person. The support person is allowed to remain with the patient during the delivery and postpartum stay. The support person will be instructed to remain in the room with the patient for the duration of the visit, wear a mask, and must be screened. The visitation hours are open 24/7.
- For newborn PUIs in the NICU, parents may designate one healthy caregiver who has not been exposed to the COVID-positive mother in past 14 days. The caregiver should not visit the COVID-positive mother.
End of Life
- 2 visitors allowed. Please contact Public Safety.