Applicants to our Categorical Internal Medicine Program must apply through the ERAS. All internship positions will be offered through the NRMP.
Please note that we do not have a Preliminary Medicine Program.
Signaling: Applicants who have signaled our program and meet our selection criteria will be preferentially considered for interviews. However, all candidates will be reviewed and considered. We review ever application, however, due to application inflation signaling helps in our holistic review
Interviews take place from November through January.
Invitations to interview are sent through the ERAS on a rolling basis from October through December by email. Applicants who are not invited for interview will also be notified by email through ERAS.
Additional questions may be sent to our program coordinator Anita Yu at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. ERAS Common Application Form
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Medical Student Performance Evaluation (formerly Dean's Letter)
4. Medical School Transcript
5. Personal Statement
6. Three letters of recommendation, including one from the Chair of the Department of Medicine or designate.
7. An additional letter may be submitted through ERAS.
8. USMLE Step 1 score required at the time of interview. Step 2 (both CK and CS) scores required before February 2023.
International Medical Graduates
1. Three months of clinical rotation in the United States. The rotation must have involved direct patient care responsibilities (not observership or research)
2. Three letters of recommendation from clinical supervisors in the United States
3. USMLE Step 1 and 2 with the scores of 235 or higher on both
4. Medical school graduation date within three years of the start of internship
5. You must be eligible for a J-1 Visa sponsored by ECFMG. H1B visas are extremely limited and will only be considered in rare cases
We look forward to receiving your application!