Donate during COVID-19
Bill Schwartz founded the Division of Nephrology at Tufts Medical Center in 1950 and served as its chief until 1971. He developed the Division into a preeminent referral center for patients with kidney diseases in the New England region and beyond, and he cared personally for hundreds of patients. He made landmark discoveries that revolutionized our understanding of the pathophysiology and management of acid-base and electrolyte disorders. But most importantly, he created a school of rigorous pathophysiological thought and analytical reasoning, whose graduates have contributed greatly to the field of nephrology.
We have endeavored to preserve Dr. Schwartz’s academic legacy by establishing the William B. Schwartz Nephrology Fund. The fund was created in 2000 by charitable gifts to Tufts Medical Center on the 50th anniversary celebration of the founding of the Division and reunion of faculty and trainees. The Fund supports a number of academic initiatives of the Division, including research and training for both junior and senior investigators within the Division.
We appreciate receiving gifts in 2017 from the following: