Back to Results
Director, Interventional Cardiology Center; Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, CardioVascular Center, Cardiology
Clinical Focus Areas
Research Focus Areas
Adjunctive therapy for percutaneous coronary intervention , structural heart disease, septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
highest volume of Patient Foremen Ovale (PFO) Closures in the RESPECT Trial
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine; University of Massachusetts Medical Center; Tufts Medical Center; Kings County Hospital/Downstate Medical Center
||Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Tufts Children's Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 6th Floor
860 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-2273
Fax #: 617-636-5913
2021, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018/2019, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2015, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2013, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," U.S. News & World Report
Biology Honor Award
Summa Cum Laude
Oliver Smith Award for Excellence in Patient Care
1. Kimmelstiel C, Phang R, Rehman A, et al. Outcomes following the use of different GP IIb/IIIa antagonists in patients undergoing coronary intervention. J Thrombos and Thrombolys 2001;11:203-9.
2. Kimmelstiel CD, Maron BJ. Percutaneous septal ablation in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Circulation 2004; 109:452-56.
3. Kimmelstiel C, Levine D, Perry K, et al. Randomized, controlled evaluation of short- and long-term benefits of heart failure disease management within a diverse provider network: The SPAN-CHF Trial. Circulation 2004;110:1450-55.
4. Kimmelstiel C, Badar J, Covic L, et al. Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of the platelet GPIIb/IIIa inhibitor tirofiban in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: implications for adjustment of tirofiban and clopidogrel dosage. Thromb Res 2005;116:55-66.
5. Kimmelstiel C, Gange C, Thaler DE. Is PFO Closure effective in reducing migraine symptoms? A controlled study. Cath Cardiovasc Intervent 2007; 69:740–46.
Fellow, American College of Cardiology
Fellow, American College of Physicians
Fellow, Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
American Heart Association
AHA Council on Clinical Cardiology
Massachusetts Medical Society