New England Eye Center - Boston
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-4604
Fax #: 617-636-4866
2007-2021, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2015, Brazilian Society of Retina and Vitreous Honor Award
2015, Lifetime Achievement Honor Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
2013, Senior Honor Award, American Society of Retina Specialists
2012, "Top Doctor" and in top 1% in the nation in his specialty, U.S. News & World Report
2010, Honor Award, American Society of Retina Specialists
2003, Senior Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
1992, Honor Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
Books and Chapters
1. Yanoff M, Duker JS, EDS. Opthamology. 4 Editions Mosby, London, 1999-2014.
2. Duker JS, Waheed NK, Goldman DR. Handbook of Retinal OCT. Elsevier, Saunders, 2014.
3. Duker JS, Witkin AJ, EDS. Age-related Macular Degeneration - Current Management. Slack Incorporated, NJ, 2015.
4. Sitko K, Duker JS, Farhat NA. Ocular Tumors. In: Linda McManus, Richard N. Mitchell, Editors. Pathobiology of Human Disease. San Diego: Elsevier, 2014. P. 2179-2200.
Dr. Duker has over 250 papers published in peer-reviewed journals. His manuscripts have appeared in high impact journals and one of them has been among the top 10 referenced ophthalmology research papers over the past five years. Here are a few recent examples:
1. Duker JS, Kaiser PK, Binder S, De Smet MD, Gaudric A, Reichel E, Sadda SR, Sebag J, Spaide RF, Stalmans P. The International Vitromacular Traction Study Group Classification Of Vitreomacular Adhesion, Traction, and Macular Hole. Ophthalmology. Dec 2013;120(12):2611-9.
2. Duker JS, Moshfeghi AA. Ocriplasmin: A Medical OR Surgical Therapy? Retina. Nov/Dec 2013;33(10):2001-2.
3. Lally DR, Duker JS, Mignano JE, Martin S, Witkin AJ. Regression of Choroidal Metastasis From Breast Carcinoma Treated With Gamma Knife Radiosurgery. JAMA Ophthalmology. Oct 2014;132(10):1248-1249.
4. Fein JG, Branchini LA, Manjunath V, Regatieri CV, Fujimoto JG, Duker JS. Analysis of Short-term Change in Sobfoveal Choroidal Thickness in Eyes With Age-related Macular Degeneration Using Optical Coherence Tomography. OSLI Retina. Jan/Feb 2014;45(1):32-7.
5. Mehta M, Rasheed RA, Duker JS, Reichel E, Feinberg E, Husain D, Foster CS, Laver NV. Vitreous Evaluation: A Diagnostic Challenge. Ophthalmology. Mar 2015;122(3):531-7.
6. Inoue M, Jung JJ, Balaratnasingam C, Dansingani KK, Dhrami-Gavazi E, Suzuki M, De Carlo TE, Shahlaee A, Klufas MA, El Maftouhi A, Duker JS, Ho AC, Quaranta-El Maftouhi M, Sarraf D, Freund KB, COFT-1 Study Group. A Comparison Between Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography AND Fluorescein Angiography for the Imaging of Type 1 Neovascularization. IOVS. Jul 2016;57:314-23.
Dr. Duker has been the Professor and Chairman of Ophthalmology at the Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine since 2003. He directs the New England Eye Center, an academic, multi-specialty eye care group with 34 ophthalmologists and nearly 200 employees in 8 offices. Through his varied ophthalmology-related activities over three decades of practice, he has developed a local, regional, national, and international reputation as a highly successful clinician, surgeon, diagnostician, educator, researcher, administrator and entrepreneur.
American Medical Association
American Academy of Ophthalmology
Massachusetts Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Massachusetts Medical Society
FRAME Fluorescein Angiography Club
International Academy of Sports Vision
American Society of Retina Specialists
New England Ophthalmology Society
Association of University Professors in Ophthalmology
Principal Founder and Director, SurgiSite Boston
Director and Founder, Hemera Biosciences
Director, Eleven Biotherapeutics (EBIO)
Director, pSivida Corporation (PSDV)
Co-Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Retina and Vitreous
Editorial Board of OSLI Retina, Retina cases and Brief Reports, and Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
Along with being the founder of a highly successful ophthalmic ambulatory surgery center, Dr. Duker is founder and currently involved in three other start-up companies: Hemera Biosciences, a clinical-stage biotech company developing treatments of eye disease through complement inhibition using a gene therapy delivery system, Scalable Diagnostics which is building a device to perform automated diabetic retinopathy screening, and the Boston Image Reading Center (BIRC).