Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-7222
Fax #: 617-636-8302
2014-2016 New Investigator Award from Leukemia Research Foundation
2011-2014 Development Award from Muscular Dystrophy Association
2013 Travel Award, Chicago Association for Research and Education in Science
2012 “Young Investigator’s Educational Enhancement” travel award, American Society of Neurochemistry
2011 Semi-finalist, PepsiCo Research Competition
2011 3rd place, Hines VA Hospital Research competition
2007 Arthur J. Schmitt Dissertation Fellowship Award, Loyola University.
2007 Graduate Travel Award, Society for Neuroscience (SfN)
2007 First Place, Graduate Student Symposium, SfN Chicago Chapter
2006 3rd Place, St. Albert’s Day Research Presentation, Loyola University
1996 Outstanding Graduate of West China University of Medical Sciences (WCUMS)
1993-1996 Outstanding Student Fellowship of WCUMS
1. J Liu, O Zheng, JG Xin, HH Chen, Xin JJ* How are necroptosis, immune dysfunction, and motoneuron death connected in ALS? Neuroimmunology and Neuroinflammation 2017, 4:109-16. DOI:10.20517/2347-8659.2017.12 (*Corresponding author).
2. Ni A, Yang T, Mesnard-Hoaglin N, Gutierrez R; Stubbs E, McGuire SO, Sanders VM, Jones KJ; Foecking EM; Xin J*. Th17 cell response in SOD1G93A mice following motor nerve injury. Mediator of Inflammation 2016, dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/6131234. PMID: 27194826
3. Xin J*, You D, Breslin P, Li J, Zhang J, Wei W, Cannova J, Volk A, Gutierrez R, Xiao Y, Ni A, Ng G, Schmidt R, Xia Z, Pan J, Chen H, Patel MM, Kuo PC, Nand S, Kini AR, Zhang J, Chen J, Zhu J, Zhang J. Sensitizing acute myeloid leukemia cells to induced differentiation by inhibiting the RIP1/RIP3 pathway. Leukemia. 2016 Nov 18. doi: 10.1038/leu.2016.287. PMID: 27748372
4. Xin J*, Breslin P, Wei W, Li J, Gutierrez R, Cannova J, Ni A, Ng G, Schmidt R, Chen H, Parini V, Kuo PC, Kini AR, Stiff P, Zhu J, Zhang J. Necroptosis in spontaneously-mutated hematopoietic cells induces autoimmune bone marrow failure in mice. Haematologica. 2016. DOI: 10.3324/haematol.2016.151514. PMID: 27634200
5. You D, Xin J, Volk A, Wei W, Schmidt R, Scurti G, Nand S, Breuer EK, Kuo PC, Breslin P, Kini AR, Nishimura MI, Zeleznik-Le NJ, Zhang J. FAK Mediates a Compensatory Survival Signal Parallel to PI3K-AKT in PTEN-Null T-ALL Cells. Cell Report, 2015,10(12): 2055-2068. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2015.02.056. PMID: 25801032
6. Volk A, Li J, Xin J, You D, Zhang J, Liu X, Xiao Y, Breslin P, Li Z, Wei W, Schmidt R, Li X, Zhang Z, Kuo P, Nand S, Zhang J, Chen J, Zhang J. Sensitizing TNF-Expressing Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells to NF-κB Inhibitor Treatment by Blocking TNF-JNK-AP1 Signaling. J Exp Med, 2014, 211(6):1093-108.doi: 10.1084/jem.20130990. PMID: 24842373
7. Xin J, Feinstein DL, Hejna MJ, McGuire SO. Beneficial effect of blueberries in Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2012, 60(23):5743-8, DOI: 10.1021/jf203611t. PMID: 22243431
8. Xin J*, Mesnard NA, Bears T, Serpe CJ, Wainwright DA, Alexander TD, Sanders VM and Jones KJ. CD4+ T cell-mediated neuroprotection is independent of T cell-derived BDNF in a mouse facial nerve axotomy model. Brain, Behavior and Immunity. 2012, 26(6):886-90. PMID: 22426430
9. Xin J*, Fargo K, Tanzer L, Sanders VM and Jones KJ. T cell-mediated neuroprotection is dependent of estrogen action through estrogen receptor-alpha. Metabolic Brain Disease. 2012, 27(1): 23-8. PMID: 21975535.
10. Xin J*, Wainwright DA, Mesnard NA, Serpe CJ, Sanders VM and Jones KJ. The presence of IL-10 within the CNS is necessary for CD4+ T cells to mediate neuroprotection in a mouse facial nerve axotomy model. Brain, Behavior and Immunity, 2011, 25(5):820-9. PMID: 20723599
EDTA fully overcomes the prozone effect in Luminex-based HLA antibody assays regardless of technical modifications. Human Immunology 78 (2017) 51–254; DOI: 10.1016/j.humimm.2017.06.272; ASHI 43rd Annual Meeting
A successful case of stem cell transplant after desensitization of a strong donor specific antibody. Human Immunology 78 (2017) 51–254; DOI: 10.1016/j.humimm.2017.06.089. ASHI 43rd Annual Meeting
An algorithm for overcoming autoantibody interference in solid phase HLA antibody testing. Human Immunology 78 (2017) 51–254; DOI: 10.1016/j.humimm.2017.06.296; ASHI 43rd Annual Meeting
Impact of serum EDTA treatment on identification of unacceptable antigens for kidney transplant candidates. C24 Am J Transplant. 2017; 17 (suppl 3). ATC annual meeting
Dr. Xin's expertise is Transplant Immunology. He earned his medical degree at West China University of Medical Sciences, PhD at Loyola Medical Center. Fellowship training at University of Chicago. His professional interests include donor match for solid organ and stem cell transplant, as well as antibody monitoring pre- and post-transplant.