Back to Results
Meet Shanthini Kasturi, MD, MS
Rheumatologist; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology
Clinical Focus Areas
Research Focus Areas
Patient reported outcome measures in rheumatologic conditions
Seeing Patients In
Locations + Directions
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 3rd Floor
800 Washington St.
Box 599 Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5990
Fax #: 617-636-2388
Honors + Awards
2016, American College of Rheumatology Distinguished Fellow Award
2015, Rheumatology Research Foundation Scientist Development Award
Publications + National Presentations
1. Kasturi S, Szymonifka J, Burket JC, Berman JR, Kirou KA, Levine AB, Sammaritano LR, Mandl LA. Validity and Reliability of Patient Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System Computerized Adaptive Tests in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 2017 Apr 15. DOI: 10.3899/jrheum.161202.
2. Kasturi S, Sammaritano LR. Corticosteroids in Lupus. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2016 Feb;42(1):47-62.
3. Fields TR, Rifaat A, Yee AMF, Ashany D, Kim K, Tobin M, Oliva N, Fields K, Richey M, Kasturi S, Batterman A. Pilot Study of a Multidisciplinary Gout Patient Education and Monitoring Program. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2016 Oct 24. DOI: 10.1016/j.semarthrit.2016.10.006.
4. Kasturi S, Goodman S. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Current Perspectives on Arthroplasty- Rates, Outcomes, and Adverse Events. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2016 Sep;18(9):59.
5. Kasturi S, Goldstein BL, Malspeis S, Karlson EW, Costenbader KH. Comparison of the 1987 American College of Rheumatology and the 2010 American College of Rheumatology/European League against Rheumatism Criteria for Classification of Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Nurses' Health Study Cohort. Rheumatol Int. 2014 Mar;34(3):407-11.
6. Schoenfeld SR, Kasturi S, Costenbader KH. The epidemiology of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease among patients with SLE: a systematic review. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2013 Aug;43(1):77-95.
Shanthini Kasturi, MD, MS specializes in the care of autoimmune and rheumatic conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and undifferentiated connective tissue disease. Her research interests are in the use of patient reported outcome measures to improve clinical care of rheumatic diseases.
Dr. Kasturi received her bachelor of arts from Harvard College and her medical degree from Harvard Medical School. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center followed by her fellowship in Rheumatology at Hospital for Special Surgery/New York-Presbyterian Hospital. She has a master of science in clinical epidemiology from the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences.
American College of Rheumatology
International Society for Quality of Life Research